When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Get the latest stimulus news and tax filing updates.
Intuit

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

Due to COVID-19, the IRS is currently not able to process individual paper tax returns. Paper returns will be processed by the IRS once processing centers are able to reopen but you should e-file if possible.  If you’ve already filed via paper and it hasn’t been processed yet, don’t file a second tax return. For more info, visit the IRS 

The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review.

To find out where your refund is, first check your e-file statusIf it's been accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  You'll need your Social Security number or ITIN, filing status, and the exact amount of your refund to check your status.

Paper-filers: The IRS asks you wait 4 weeks after you mail your return before looking up your refund at Where's My Refund?

If it has been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you can call the IRS directly to check on your refund status.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post