turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rejected Taxes Return 2019

I want to know why it was denied for state and federal taxes and what I need to do to fix it.....?????

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

12 Replies

What does the email you received from TurboTax say about the rejection?

D0B637E2-AE7B-4362-8134-D03E17A14A5E.png

Federal tax

A3B2778D-A8E2-4999-8644-E1E073454EC8.png

State Refund

queeny1

AGI for 2018 was supposedly wrong.  I checked it and it is the correct amount.  My husband died last year

so I don't know if that has anything to do with it, because his name was the first on our tax returns.  But the signature info was my date of birth not his.  How do I get this fixed?

Is there anyway I can speak to someone and have it take less time than messaging?

Teesmitty69
Returning Member

I don't know the employers id number i put all 0's. I keep trying and get rejected

@Teesmitty69 wrote:

I don't know the employers id number i put all 0's. I keep trying and get rejected

The employer EIN will be on the 2019 W-2 you received from the employer

nora_lea_lynch
Returning Member

It Needs to Corrected!

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

What do you need to correct?   @nora_lea_lynch

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

To fix a rejected  return :

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax Help topic.

mswamy
Returning Member

I too am getting the same error. The AGI I entered for 2018 is correct. I too am signing with my date of birth. There is federal tax owed on my return. Did you find a resolution. I hate to do a paper filing and prefer e-File. 

For AGI Reject code 031
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/e-file-reject-ind-031-04-or-ind-032-04-the-agi-or-...

When did you file 2018? If it was late in the year try putting in zero for the AGI. And see, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

How to correct the AGI
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
How to mail a return from the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

mswamy
Returning Member

I tried all possible things but still the e-file gets rejected with code IND-031-04.

I made sure that the 2018 AGI is correct. It still gets rejected. I entered AGI as zero to trick the system to say I did not e-file 2018 returns, the 2019 tax return still gets rejected. My case is this: e-Filed 2018 tax return as Married filing jointly. My husband passed away in 2019. e-Filing 2019 tax return as Married filing jointly (Turbo Tax recommends this) but during e-filing it asks for my date of birth and self-pin. I enter it correctly but sill the e-file gets rejected with code IND-031-04. Tax filing deadline is approaching and I prefer e-file over paper filing. Any suggestions?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies