turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

sassyma44

Im entering info correctly on wheres my refund and it tells me my info is wrong n its not. What could be the problem

It was accepting my information till today now it says its not thr right information

sassyma44

Im entering info correctly on wheres my refund and it tells me my info is wrong n its not. What could be the problem

Im entering everything as before when i call the refund no it says its still processing but wheres my refund says wrong info

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

@sassyma44 please see the answer posted above from ChondelLO

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

At the beginning of February it was working when I entered in the info but ever since yesterday it tells me the infor I entered does not match their records.  But it was the same info uses all month

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The IRS states:

WHERE’S MY REFUND STATUS BARS DISAPPEARED

"We have gotten many comments and messages regarding the IRS Where’s My Refund Tool having your orange status bar disappearing. This has to do with the irs.gov where’s my refund site having too much traffic and lagging. This is causing images not to display and information about your federal tax return to not show up. This has happened every year since the tool was first available. This has nothing to do with you being flagged or your return being denied. Status Bars Disappeared for many Americans who filed early.

This also can have to do with your browser settings as well as your cache. Please try using a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Also, clear your cache in your browser settings."

When checking on the status of your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund (WMR) site, you may get the message: We cannot provide any information about your refund. You must wait at least 24 hours after you get the acknowledgment e-mail that your tax return was received by the IRS.

You might receive this message because:

• Your e-filed return was accepted (received) by the IRS less than 24 hours ago. Wait at least 24 hours after acceptance before using WMR.
  • Your return is still pending.
  • You never e-filed. You can quickly find out if you did by checking your status.
  • If you don't see a status, go through the TurboTax File section again. Be sure to go all the way to the end and select Transmit my returns now.
  • You mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago. Paper-filers should wait four weeks before using WMR.
  •  

Please click Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more.

okay I understand that possible suggestion.  However, my situation is almost the same as the person who asked this question. only the confusion is that the WMR site had the same information as of yesterday and indicated 'accepted' on the WMR site.. even for a good week or so.. and then today it now says information is incorrect.. It's not incorrect.. so why on earth would the WMR site now all of a sudden be showing that my information is not correct.. can you please help with this ?  it was showing and now incorrect information?  I double checked tripple checked and quadruple checked.. it's not incorrect.. it's the same input factors as it's been for a good week or so.. I'd like to know why the WMR site is ALL OF A SUDDEN showing i entered incorret information?? Also, the turbo tax log in area still shows 'accepted' and still shows the EXACT same information needed for the WMR site.. so this is rather troublesome to now see this on the WMR site.  please address this if you could.. thank you

DMarkM1
Employee Tax Expert

Try clearing your browser history and signing back in to the IRS Where's My Refund? site.  That may clear it for you.  

I am getting the same error but it wasn't giving it yesterday just today and I filed electronically

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

@Draulerson303, you've post on a thread that is about a month old.   What error are you seeing Where's my Refund?

Vmpria037

Did it get resolved @Powdercoat66  ? Mine is doing the same thing. It was going thru fine until today...now  my info is wrong. 

I’ve been checking WMR for months and it’s been “processing” and yesterday (4/15/20) it started Giving me the message “refund status error you may have entered incorrectly. Please verify your personal tax information and try again” 
MY INFO IS CORRECT

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

@KatiHowey @Vmpria037 

If you were previously able to obtain a status this error is due to high volumes please check back later for status on Where's My Refund?. Currently it is the only way to check federal tax refund status with the IRS.

The form asks you for your SS# DOB and mailing address. I enter it and it says it is wrong but it is not. How do you get past this?

KrisD15
Expert Alumni

Please try using the address that the IRS would have on file, so if you moved since you filed, use the address on the most recent tax return. 

Thank you. It is the address they have on file for me. I even copied it exactly how it is on my taxes I filed. There is no way it is incorrect. There is only one address and I re entered it twice. This is why i got locked out. This has happened two days in a row now. No number to call, no automated way for me to input my bank info. Because I have had to pay taxes, they will not use that bank info they used to take money out to use for a direct deposit.  Very frustrating! Thanks for the reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies