turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Cannot access previous year's tax returns.

It is not working. You should not belittle people. 

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

bhardy

I had to go to the IRS website to get a copy of last year's taxes.  You can get as far back as 2014 I think.  Hope this helps. 

I had this same issue!  You have to register for free turbo tax edition, fill out all of your information, then go to file.  Once you are registered, you can then go back and access your past documents.  It was a pain in the rear!  Then when you go to download they ask you for an explanation as to why you are wanting YOUR tax information!  Ridiculous. 

thawk0603
Returning Member

Yall gave all this info but failed to mention that when you call, you still get the same BS runaround about having to pay. Bottom line is I cant get my 2018 return. Regardless of whether I pay or not. For unfortunate souls like myself, I backed my return on a laptop that was not connected to the cloud or any other backup drive so basically I have shxt. Thanks. I'll never use this shxtty product again. 

thawk0603
Returning Member

THIS SHXT DONT WORK EITHER...  I'M NOT PAYING THEM WHEN I HAD THE SERVICE THAT WAS JUST FINE FOR FREE LAST YEAR... WTF... STOP GIVING PPL THIS WHACK @ss LINE CAUSE IT AINT WORKING... 

@thawk0603 wrote:

THIS SHXT DONT WORK EITHER...  I'M NOT PAYING THEM WHEN I HAD THE SERVICE THAT WAS JUST FINE FOR FREE LAST YEAR... WTF... STOP GIVING PPL THIS WHACK @ss LINE CAUSE IT AINT WORKING... 

Then go here - https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

All I do is log into my account click the menu on the left top screen and then click on previous tax years.....if you do not see that option then it was not saved . Hope this helps a bit.

When following the instructions, the free edition has a “Not Now” button, making you an able to fully register until after you file, but you need the old copy to complete them, so you’re stuck.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)

Contact TurboTax support and speak directly with a TurboTax support agent concerning this situation.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for a contact link and hours of operation -https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

Hnmaiale
Returning Member

It is not free they say you are required to pay on the spot for the deluxe edition. So I don't see how you are saying it is free.

@Hnmaiale wrote:

It is not free they say you are required to pay on the spot for the deluxe edition. So I don't see how you are saying it is free.

Absolutely Not.  At no time do you have to pay for the TurboTax account until you are either going to e-file the tax return or print the tax return.  There is nowhere in the program before the actual File section where you are required to pay for the account.  At least not within the last 15 years I have been using the online editions.

Show a screenshot from the TurboTax program before the File section where you are required to pay for the account.

Ok ...  so you started the 2019 program in the Deluxe version ... if so you can still get just the AGI without paying anything ... on the home screen scroll down ...

AGI prior year.PNG

If you need to get a copy of the 2018 return in whole and you are going to use the 2019 deluxe version then simply pay the fee now to access the prior year return.   Otherwise you need to clear the return and start over in the FREE version so you can register the account to get access to the prior year info.  If you need more help then contact TT support for one on one assistance.

Cparry11718
Returning Member

Can you please tell me how then? the instructions are not clear, and there is no where to register.  it doesn't even give you an option.  

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for step by step instructions on how to register to obtain a prior year tax return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies