My 2019 return did not transfer into 2020. Now, I ...

My 2019 return did not transfer into 2020. Now, I cannot find 2019. This never happened in prior years. Thanks?

You did not address my question as to why 2019 did not transfer automatically or how to find 2019?
Employee TurboTax Specialist

This may happen if you're not signing in with the same user ID that you used last year. Use our account recovery tool to see if you have other user IDs tied to your email address.

If you do, start a new return at turbotax.com with last year's login and we'll transfer your data over.

You can also see our instructions on transferring a PDF or .tax file.

Related Information:

Going to the account recovery tool is no help at all. None of the options has anything to do with finding and/or transferring a prior year's return. This is very frustrating. I have used turbo tax for years and this has never been an issue before. How about you give me a phone number so I can actually talk to someone about this?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Have you checked your recycling bin by searching .tax2019 file? 

Please click the link for your version of TurboTax to learn more:

Transfer last year's return to 2020 TurboTax for Windows

How do I transfer last year's return into TurboTax Online?

How do I transfer last year's return into the 2020 TurboTax for Mac software?

If you still continue to have the same problem, please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

Re: My 2019 return is grayed out when I try to transfer into 2020.  I have loaded onto a thumb drive and transferred to computer.

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please follow the steps in the below TurboTax FAQ for instructions on how to transfer your 2019 return. It contains instructions for TurboTax Desktop as well:

@jerrygam1