Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

money owed not taken from account

Did you get back into your return?  Say to print all the worksheets.  There should be an instruction cover sheet saying how to pay it.

Or How to contact Turbo Tax
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-contact-turbotax/00/26991

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Belvedere55
Returning Member

I received my refund from State correctly.

I owed Federal and it was not taken out electronically.

I note that someone in this thread advises directly paying the IRS instead of waiting for them to take it out electronically.  Therefore Intuit is lying about the validity of having the IRS take the funds out of my bank account.

Belvedere55
Returning Member

I used the routing and account number on my checks.

It works just fine for other entities.

I have an electronic payment system set up with the IRS.

I should have just used it prior to the due date.

I could also just mail it with a check next time.

@Belvedere55 TurboTax is not lying about the validity of having the IRS debit your bank account for the tax you owe.   But if you made a mistake with the banking information when you entered it, that would be a problem that would prevent them from taking out the money.   And......the IRS is severely backlogged and has been taking a very long time to perform even routine tasks.  You have still not answered the question as to whether you used online TurboTax or the CD/download.   The answer to that question affects whether the "step 2" you are upset about makes sense.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Belvedere55
Returning Member

Intuit needs to alert taxpayers that the IRS is unreliable regarding automatic electronic payments and that any tax due should be paid by paper check or an IRS electronic payment webpage (I have an account).

Now I must hope that the IRS does not accept the paper check I will send  AND  then electronically deduct from my checking account.

Belvedere55
Returning Member

CD/Download version.

I printed out the entire return (48 pages) and see no confirmation of my banking information.

I did see a confirmation of my electronic filing - Feb 11 2022.

I cannot find the form to ask Turbotax to "add a state" then print out and receive the aforementioned page regarding the banking information I supplied to the IRS

Yes the Desktop CD/Download program is different than online.  Open your return and switch to Forms.  Look for the filing instructions.  Or open your 1040 to send how to pay it and what bank info you entered.  You don't need to print it.  

Ok ... the prior instructions were for the ONLINE program users ... since you have the downloaded version review the filing instruction page in the PDF of the return ... how you were to pay the balance due will be listed on that page.  It is also in the program in  the FILE tab step 2 if you want to see the screen where the DD would have been set up.   

Are you on Windows or Mac?  For Windows look at the Filing instructions.  Here's mine, I paid by check.  

Filing Instructions.jpg

Belvedere55
Returning Member

I chose for the IRS to electronically deduct from my bank account.

The Filing instructions instead gives the mailing address.

What  happened?

Belvedere55
Returning Member

MAC

Belvedere55
Returning Member

I chose the electronic deduction and provided the necessary information.

Instead the Filing instructions gives a mailing address.

What happened??

And did it print out a 1040V payment voucher?   Look under FORMS and see if a 1040V is listed.  That means you had to mail a check or go online at the IRS to pay it.  Maybe you only entered your info to pay any Turbo Tax fees?  Like the $25 to efile a state return.

Belvedere55
Returning Member

It did print a 1040V

Makes no difference now.

I'm sure I entered the information for electronic deduction - I chose the date for it.

Will mail the Taxes Due check from now on and request electronic deposit for any refunds.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies