turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can i refile my taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
PaulaM
Employee Tax Expert

Can i refile my taxes

If you have already filed and your tax return was rejected then you can refile. If your return was accepted, then you will need to wait until that return is processed. Once processed, you can amend the original return (it is not refiled).

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

23 Replies
PaulaM
Employee Tax Expert

Can i refile my taxes

If you have already filed and your tax return was rejected then you can refile. If your return was accepted, then you will need to wait until that return is processed. Once processed, you can amend the original return (it is not refiled).

ikesterx

Can i refile my taxes

I was working on my taxes, went to take a break...when I logged back in It said congratulations! You have filed your 2017 taxes!!!  I didn't efile!  something wrong with turbo tax...now I'm screwed!

Can i refile my taxes

me too

Can i refile my taxes

"If you have already filed and your tax return was rejected then you can refile."

How?

sdsvlw

Can i refile my taxes

I need to redo all W2 and replace with 4852s on my 2018 return that was rejected

HollyP
Employee Tax Expert

Can i refile my taxes

Yes @sdsvlw, if your return was rejected, then you can just edit your W-2s. Please follow the instructions here, How do I file a substitute W-2 using Form 4852?

Can i refile my taxes

How can i refile on turbo tax do u need a computer

Can i refile my taxes

@Kaylasuetrimble  You are adding on to an old thread, which makes it very confusing for those who are trying to help.

Please explain exactly what you are trying to do.  What do you mean by "re-file?"  Have you already filed a 2018 tax return?  Or is this about some other tax year?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
gcasey5

Can i refile my taxes

I think my 2018 filing is wrong and want to refile.

gcasey5

Can i refile my taxes

My critical comments on your poor service have disappeared.  Not surprising

gcasey5

Can i refile my taxes

Turbo Tax stinks!

IsabellaG
Employee Tax Expert

Can i refile my taxes

@gcasey, if you already filed your 2018 tax return and you want to make corrections, you'll need to file an amended return. Here is a link with instructions on how to do that: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-to-amend-change-or-correct-a-return-you-already-...

Levymaui
Returning Member

Can i refile my taxes

i need to refile my tax

Can i refile my taxes

@Levymaui Was it rejected?  Tell us word for word what the rejection message says.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Use your Intuit Account to sign in to TurboTax.
By selecting Sign in, you agree to our Terms and acknowledge our Privacy Statement.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies