Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

I'm getting a little worried about which IRS does every year. I did everything legal and honest with my paperwork inside the turbo tax. I submitted on 2.8.20 and later on this same day my federal and state come back accepted. Not one orange bar yet. I would think it would be showing one orange bar received. However from the 8th on the IRS site still showing...

You may not have entered your information correctly. Please verify your personal tax data and try again.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Log in to your Online TurboTax account and confirm at the Tax Home that your efiled returns were both accepted. (you may have already done that.)

When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure SSN and filing status are correct.
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes the state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

And if you are paying your fees out of the Federal refund, use the Federal amount without regard to the fee subtraction; i.e., the amount before any fees are subtracted.

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

TIP:   While you're at your state's tax website, also look for a statement or FAQ that may say about how long it takes to get a refund in your state and how to long to wait before phoning them.  Many states have such information on their websites.

View solution in original post

123 Replies

Log in to your Online TurboTax account and confirm at the Tax Home that your efiled returns were both accepted. (you may have already done that.)

When using the IRS WMR tool, be sure SSN and filing status are correct.
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds

Use only the Federal refund amount.  Do not use any combined total refund figure that includes the state refund.

Look at your actual 2019 return to get the Federal refund amount.  Be sure you are using what is displayed on your Federal Form 1040, Line 21a for the Federal refund amount.

And if you are paying your fees out of the Federal refund, use the Federal amount without regard to the fee subtraction; i.e., the amount before any fees are subtracted.

FAQ:  How do I track my state refund?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/how-do-i-track-my-state-refund/00/25571

TIP:   While you're at your state's tax website, also look for a statement or FAQ that may say about how long it takes to get a refund in your state and how to long to wait before phoning them.  Many states have such information on their websites.

im getting the same message yesterday was the first day i got this, before it stated refund received and they were processing now i get this dumb message its been like this for 2 days now 

I know the information is correct so its def something with the site ..  NOT HAPPY

I am glad to see others having the same issue I have as described. It appears to be an issue with the IRS' where is my refund page. Have been trying over and over again with the same result as described in the original post. Will wait and see if the issue gets fixed.

@Wahidsudani1306 wrote:

I am glad to see others having the same issue I have as described. It appears to be an issue with the IRS' where is my refund page. Have been trying over and over again with the same result as described in the original post. Will wait and see if the issue gets fixed.

A lot of people have been having trouble with that IRS WMR tool this week.  Be sure you are using the tips in my answer above and entering everything as I outlined, including verifying the Federal refund amount on your actual return.

I have also seen a couple users who were able to get info from the IRS refund phone hotline, when the WMR couldn't find their info.   800-829-1954

Once again the Op has the same issue I did.  We filed and entered in and at one point the information (which matched our records on the document) was correct and it told us it was RECEIVED! So we KNOW we entered it correct. 

NOW, we enter in the SAME info (we are not idiots) and it tells us they have nothing that matches that information.  I filed 1/27, and it is passed the EIC/ACD recheck date of Feb 22.

I'm getting the same thing....I filed 1/27/2020.... On 2/17 i got error info not correct.....on 2/19 i got a 4464c letter from irs...on 2/ 21 my status change to your refund is Being processed just words no bar.....today 2/24 my status change to info put in wrong again...i call 1-800 number and it's saying my taxes are being processed.

I'M FRUSTRATED I'M NERVOUS I'M SCARED I'M ANXIOUS I'M FEELING SO MANY THINGS 

THIS THE IRS AND THERE'S NOTHING WE CAN DO BUT WAIT TILL THEY DO WHAT IT IS THEY DOING

DMarkM1
Expert Alumni

You are correct it is a waiting game.  The key is you got a letter and it most likely has completion date on it (usually 60 days).  If you get to that point and haven't gotten an update then call again.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

On another note, I just read that the number one reason when you THINK you have everything correct done that is the mistake is the NAME ON THE BANK ACCOUNT. 

TT never asked what it was (just the acct number) so it put in my name on my taxes (which is Don, Jr.). But my account name is spelled simply "Donnie"

[removed]

Anything different mate? I got this today :(

Hey everything nothing has Changed for me yet 

buy here is a good web you all may want to check out you. You put your in in like you checking your refund Status.  Only difference with this website it tells you If the IRS has posted posted your money and there is also a phone number you can call to see if you have any deaths or is anything is up for collection for you Taxes... 

https://taxpayer.sbtpg.com/login

mluehling

I am being told that I have to log into my account but when I try to it keeps telling me to try again. It then tell me to change passwords and I do and when I finish it tell me again to try again. it seems to be in a loop.

@ mluehling wrote:

I am being told that I have to log into my account but when I try to it keeps telling me to try again. It then tell me to change passwords and I do and when I finish it tell me again to try again. it seems to be in a loop.

Close TurboTax and  your browser.  Empty the browser Internet cache and delete any Intuit-related cookies.   Then close the browser and reopen it.   Then open a private window (private browsing; aka "incognito mode") and try to log in.   If you keep experiencing the same thing, then see if using a different browser helps any.

Otherwise, here's how to reach Customer Support:

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern), 7 days/week

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Did you ever receive return?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies