Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

brett1019

TurboTax Not Working

omg will you people shut up about the using another browser / clearing your cache crap?  IT'S NOT OUR COMPUTERS, IT'S YOUR CRAPTASTIC SOFTWARE!

xmtv97658

TurboTax Not Working

turbo tax premier 2020 is not responding

TurboTax Not Working

xmtv97658  wrote:

turbo tax premier 2020 is not responding

You'll need to explain enough that we'll know what you are talking about.   Such as:

1) Does "not responding" mean the program is frozen and you can't move forward or backward?   Or if using Online TurboTax, are you getting a spinning circle?

2) What version are you using--Online TurboTax or desktop software (CD/download)?

3)   If desktop software, is it the Windows or Mac version?

4)  If desktop software. did you recently install it, or did you install it some time ago and have been running and using it OK until now?

5)  If desktop software, have you  recently updated it to the latest release?

6)  What are you doing when it is not responding?   Is it always on a particular screen?

acedrr03
Returning Member

TurboTax Not Working

I purchased and downloaded the TurboTax Deluxe 2021 software and started trying to do some prep for my taxes. When entering W-2G income from gambling, the program stops responding for 10-12 seconds after I fill each and every field on the form. It is taking me about 15 minutes to successfully enter data for one W-2G. The program is very buggy and stops responding, almost like it is trying to validate each field's data and then saving the entire file after each field entry. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW!!!!!! or else this will be my last year using TurboTax. Also, there needs to be some capability to report program bugs within the program. I should not have to go to such forums as this to report an issue. At least provide a support email address!!!! Good grief!

acedrr03
Returning Member

TurboTax Not Working

I can't believe I purchased and downloaded the TurboTax Deluxe 2021 trash software. I started trying to do some prep for my taxes. When entering W-2G income from gambling, the program stops responding for 10-12 seconds after I fill each and every field on the form. It is taking me about 15 minutes to successfully enter data for one W-2G. The program is very buggy and stops responding, almost like it is trying to validate each field's data and then saving the entire file after each field entry. THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED NOW!!!!!! or else this will be my last year using TurboTax. Also, there needs to be some capability to report program bugs within the program. I should not have to go to such forums as this to report an issue. At least provide a support email address!!!! Good grief!

TurboTax Not Working

e-mail wouldn't do much good.  the program is very buggy when first released and it may be several updates later before it is functional. with e-mails, TT would probably receive so many early on that the server would become full so your email might never be delivered.   contacting support is best.  there may be no problem with the app except maybe a faulty installation or issues with your computer. I tried entering a w-2G into my desktop deluxe program and had no lag in response times.  by the way, a lot of the info on the w-2G really doesn't have to be entered. it's for taxpayer use should it be needed. only certain info goes into the return like winnings and withholdings. the W-2G is not sent to the IRS if you e-file. just certain info like payor, its TIN, winnings, withholdings

TurboTax Not Working

i got the 2021 cd deluxe version with the free state return version. Went to the state section where you go to the web site and sign up for an email when the state becomes available.  But it just hangs on the window displaying the CONTINUE button.  I would like to... 

I got TT early so I could figure out my Roth conversion.  SO much frustration with the registration screen and the scale/resolution.  Finally was able to get the software going and made it thru the federal. Honestly, don't know if it does not like my foxfire browse or what is wrong but this is so BAD.   My vision is not great and the whole scale thing is a PITA but the amount of time it takes to work with the program is troubling.  I am a very experienced computer user.  Maybe you need some better testers.  If I thought I'd end up with a version that worked better, I would volunteer.  This tax year was a minor one in terms of changes, why is the software so buggy?   I usually have problems with form 2210 (?) have not even gotten there yet.  Can't wait. 

Is anyone else having this issue with the state tax form downloads?

TurboTax Not Working

Same exact problem as described by acedrr03.

TurboTax Deluxe 2021.

Entering W-2G forms; 10-15 second delay between each field; drops characters if you continue typing before the "not responding" message has been displayed in the TurboTax title bar.  Spent over 3 hours with two different Intuit technical support staff.  Reinstalled TurboTax on two different Windows 10 Home PCs (one from download and one from CD).  I would just like for them to try and reproduce the problem on their platforms before they ask us to endlessly trial and error a solution on ours!

TurboTax Not Working

I purchase a brand-new Windows 11 computer for Christmas was 64Gb RAM hoping this would help the data entry delays when entering W2-G information. Installed fresh copy of TurboTax. Problem still persists. This is not a problem on my end. TurboTax needs to fix their buggy software.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Not Working

Are the 10-15 second delays you are experiencing only happening in this specific area of the software?

@edwb1

@acedrr0

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax Not Working

I am not having any delays in any other areas of the program. I've entered all itemized deductions, and regular W-2 information with no problem.

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Not Working

Try this and see if this clears the issue for you.  Please log completely out of TurboTax.  Then, in your browser, please clear your cache and delete your cookies.  After this, close completely out of the browser.  Re-open everything including logging back into TurboTax.  Also, you can try completing your return in a different browser as well.  

For further instructions on how to clear cache and delete cookies, please see the links below:

Clear Cache

Delete Cookies

TurboTax Not Working

Your advice might actually be applicable if I were using TurboTax online, but as I posted in my previous message, I installed a fresh copy of TurboTax Deluxe on a brand-new computer with 64GB ram and 8 Processors. This means that I am using a local installation of TT, not the browser version. Had the exact same issue on my old computer that I am having on my new computer.

TurboTax Not Working

I noticed this too entering W2G in my Widows 8.1 Home & Business Desktop program.   Luckily I only have 3 to enter.  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Not Working

Thank you for your feedback and providing additional details. While our customer service is limited in this public forum, we have escalated this experience to our IT team for additional assistance.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies