turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

tponce99

TurboTax Not Working

Why won't it let me go to file my state, but federal worked?

DawnC
Expert Alumni

TurboTax Not Working

Click on State on the left side menu to complete your state return.   You can't e-file it until your federal return has been accepted if you did not file them together.  @tponce99

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax Not Working

also, browser internet security settings (local zone, internet zone, etc) might be overly restricted;

try adding https://ttlc.intuit.com to the list of allowed sites.

TurboTax Not Working

did all that several times over several months and it still goes into a loop on SEARCH

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax Not Working

Please try clearing your cookies in your browser and then log back into your TurboTax software.  Many times, this will help clear the issue and allow you to log back in. 

Instructions to clear cookies to restart TurboTax 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
puhnner

TurboTax Not Working

Loads and loads of problems - along with the same as yours - 'the spinning blue wheel'. The only resolution was to open a new account.

Along with that, Turbo Tax:

• Will not take my password even though I reset it
  • I paid for yearly update of Federal & State- cannot access my account
  • I had to create a new account and repay for Federal & State
  • I admit, that I did my taxes on the 14th and should have started earlier, therefore, may have been able to resolve the problem
  • Seems like less service for more money - most likely I will look around next year before using Turbo Tax again - pity though, I have used TurboTax for many years. 

Frielsm

TurboTax Not Working

I am not able to log in keeps saying it hit a snag. Trying to file taxes

blindsey0823
Returning Member

TurboTax Not Working

I am having the same problem all these other folks are having. I have scheduled time to do my tax return and now can't do anything because the "Turbotax Home and Business I bought won't work. If I could get a phone number for Turbotax I would really like to talk to someone from there and get this done!

TurboTax Not Working

Contact Customer Service.  (You need to pick the CD/Download program in the product drop down box.) 

5am-9pm Pacific Time Monday -Sunday
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

mobarika

TurboTax Not Working

I paid the fee to get my taxes done. Now I am requesting a refund because Turbo tax is not able to file for me. I have used Turbo Tax for several years now without issue. Now I am seeing a lot of other people cannot file either. Is turbo tax just collecting money now and scamming people into believing the site is still legit? HHmm. make me wonder. 

TurboTax Not Working

@mobarika wrote:

I paid the fee to get my taxes done. Now I am requesting a refund because Turbo tax is not able to file for me. I have used Turbo Tax for several years now without issue. Now I am seeing a lot of other people cannot file either. Is turbo tax just collecting money now and scamming people into believing the site is still legit? HHmm. make me wonder. 

What happens when you go through this procedure to e-file your tax return -

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

DG28
Level 2

TurboTax Not Working

WHY do yall experts keep suggesting for us to use another browser when we are telling you that it's the SOFTWARE or the DOWNLOAD that is frozen or not working. What is your suggestion if we are using the software and it freezes before we have had a chance to save? Does the CD/Download safe automatically as we go through the return? So if it's frozen, is it save for us just to restart our computer without us losing our place?

DG28
Level 2

TurboTax Not Working

Will we lose our place if we log out, clear cookies, then log back in? I'm halfway through deductions/credits and my software just froze. Will I lose everything that I've already entered and have to start over because I didn't have a chance to save the file?

163RavenwoodLoop
Returning Member

TurboTax Not Working

2017 Home & Business edition will not run and is in read only format which stops any entry or use.

TurboTax Not Working

@163RavenwoodLoop wrote:

2017 Home & Business edition will not run and is in read only format which stops any entry or use.

Where did you get the 2017 TurboTax program?  

Did you purchase and download the 2017 Home & Business edition from this TurboTax website - https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/past-years-products/

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies