Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

PLV
Level 2

TurboTax Not Working

I have several W2G’s to load. Each one taking over 30 minutes and it continues to spin as no response, then allows the next box to be entered, then locks up again. Loaded from a brand new CD for TT premier

lh9603
Returning Member

TurboTax Not Working

I have every accurate and yet they are rejected by federal and state IRS.Why?

TurboTax Not Working

@lh9603   What is the reject message or code?  I didn't understand your post.  Try entering 0 for the AGI to efile.

TurboTax Not Working

I already posted several posts to same issue.  I just did number 35 w2g and took over 6 minutes to enter, each entry take 10 to 15 seconds of spinning beach ball, have  more to do.  I have downloaded turbo tax twice.

I paid $75.00 to have someone do a factory reset, basically reset computer to new, same issue. Instead of giving me badges, why not tell the software techs to correct the  problem or be straight foward letting me know thier is an issue.  Been using TT for many years, may have to cut my losses and switch to other tax software

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Not Working

I would suggest clearing cache to see if that may help. You can also try logging into TurboTax using a different browser. Please reach back out here if none of these help resolve your issue

@rvsz9946

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax Not Working

That would probably be good advice if I was actually using a browser to use TurboTax. As I have previously stated, I "installed" TurboTax, "reinstalled TurboTax" etc., that should have been a clue that I was using a locally installed version of the software. TurboTax needs to fix this problem in their buggy software, as other users are reporting the same problem. I was finally able to complete my taxes using the software, but it took way longer than it should have. I will be using a different software next year. TurboTax has lost my business.

TurboTax Not Working

EXACTLY the same thing happening here. I've used TT for YEARS and this year (2021) seems to be the start of this problem for me.  I have about 50 W2G forms to enter (all by hand) and EACH time I skip to the next box, I am forced to wait 3-5 seconds or more.  Then TT stops responding, I have to wait for it to recover, and then I can go to the next box again.  This has caused me to give an extreme amount of time to enter all of these forms.  I'm about to ditch TT and use something else. This is terrible. HELP!

TurboTax Not Working

Same problem here, 10 minutes to enter ONE W2G!!!! Turbo Tax stops responding each time I tab to the next box.  Theres no place to report bugs. HELP!!! I have 50 W2G forms!

TurboTax Not Working

Had same issue, no help from TT, just clear cache, and more badges instead of help

Finally just entered FIN # And name of establishment, went to forms and filled in data there, this way took approximately 6 to 7 minutes.  Tried one the normal way took 17 minutes.  No one at TT was willing to say there was an issue, just forwarded it to the next person.  Got to admit, they were friendly but not much help.  

TurboTax Not Working

Downloaded TT 2021 Premier. Not able to enter any data into the W-2G fields in TT guided portion. I can manually enter into a form for W-2G. Also noted the tab in the lower left corner states there is no form. Previous version of TT indicate there is a form. Found same issue with the 2020 TT Premier software. The 2019 TT Premier software section for W-2G still works. Something is wrong with the 2021 TT version.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Not Working

We will forward all concerns to escalations for further review; in the meantime please attempt (if you have not already done so) to contact support via phone - contact details can be found here. Sorry for the inconvenience.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

TurboTax Not Working

2021 Turbotax loaded in computer disc holder

TurboTax Not Working

Best method to load Premier disk in computer

TurboTax Not Working

TurboTax Not Working

@9981 wrote:

Best method to load Premier disk in computer

Even if you have the CD the best way to install the program is to download it.   If you download it then you can also download it to another computer.  The CD has a problem with that.

If you bought the CD but want to download it,

There should be a card in the CD case on on the CD envelope that says how to download it and you will need the 14 or 16 digit code from it to enter.

How to download Turbo Tax instead of using the CD

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies