Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Bronto

TurboTax Deluxe under MacOS BigSur on MacBook Air (Apple M1 chip). TurboTax app doesn't open/run at all when double clicking on the app icon. Anyone with same problem?

Can you update your canned answer to the system requirements by specifically addressing whether the new Apple M-1 chip running on the Big Sur operating system is being supported this tax season by Turbo Tax.

It's almost March, where does this stand from Intuit's stand-point.....your loyal customers are waiting for some updates on the progress of this.

Thank you.

hman36
Returning Member

TurboTax Deluxe under MacOS BigSur on MacBook Air (Apple M1 chip). TurboTax app doesn't open/run at all when double clicking on the app icon. Anyone with same problem?

I did this for my feedback related items. They just said they will make sure they were aware of the problems. Also there is another issue in the 1098-T section. When hitting the highlighted blue text referring to you paying a different amount of tuition than reported on the 1098-T a box pops up that allows you to put in the correct amount. The box is very difficult to enter info in and is messed up. It way off center and you cannot see the first 3 numbers you enter. So you have to click continue and go check your manual forms to ensure it is entered correctly. I am not calling support just so they can report the bug

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for your feedback. For MacOS BigSur, I suggest: restarting the Mac and uninstall and reinstall TurboTax

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.
"Level 15 macuser_22"

Also if present remove: ~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

~/Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

~/Library/Caches/io.fabric.sdk.mac.data/com.intuit.turbotax.20XX

After removing theses files, you should be able to re-install and the application operates as expected.

"TaxesAreTaxing Level 2"

Do you have a solution yet?  I was able to do my taxes using it, and they were sent in.  Now I can't open the file.  Bought it at Costco. 

have the same problem since I updated to Bigsur11.2.2   Was able to use it before this Apple update.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@TerriBMN See this link here for assistance with Big Sur. If you need further assistance, contact customer support here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Don't know if this will be helpful. But when I was removing Turbo tax to try again, there were NO files in the library and many of the names of the library folders you list in your guide to remove didn't even exist. 

my new MacAir loads fine (from the downloaded version), but the trouble starts when you try to closeout from the program.  It goes into an endless loop that won't even let you force quit the operation in apple software.  It does quit when you try to get out of it, but it saves the file at the point where you exit.  It is just very untypical of TurboTax and needs to be fixed.  I've been using this software since 2000 and this is the first really big issue.

Tom Trainor

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@Portland2416 Have you ran updates on your software recently to ensure everything is up to date?

It’s now 3/23 and I just recently ran into this same issue after the last update, so where is the fix?  I spent 3 HOURS on the phone with customer support who were unable to get the program working.  I have the error report which I could share, but the agent was never able to get a hold of an elevated technical support member.  Yes, I have followed all of the suggested fixes below - none work.  Now I have lost everything I have already populated and will be starting over with H&R Block.  Unfortunate, because I prefer a TurboTax but not if there’s no customer service and a known problem they refuse to address in a timely manner as I need to get my taxes filed!  An inoperable program leaves me no choice but to seek a refund.  

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

I apologize for your frustration. If you would like to discuss your fees, please reach out to Customer Support. You'll want to use the keywords billing issues to get you to the right person. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

You can also see this TurboTax Help Article to request a product refund: How do I request a refund for my TurboTax product?

@MimiTN

I recently suffered a TurboTax 2020 crash on a 2021 MacBook Air (M1 chip).  I followed this delete/reinstall guide to the letter and it enabled me to do a clean install of a stable application.  I benefited from calling TurboTax technical support directly who cleared the way for making a clean version available at no charge.  You need this once you purge your Mac of the embedded files.  Thanks to all.

@Cass0317 wrote:

Thank you for your feedback. For MacOS BigSur, I suggest: restarting the Mac and uninstall and reinstall TurboTax

To uninstall the application and all associated files need to be deleted and then the application reinstalled. If there was a state then the state must also be reinstalled.
"Level 15 macuser_22"

Also if present remove: ~Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

~/Library/Caches/KSCrash/TurboTax

~/Library/Caches/io.fabric.sdk.mac.data/com.intuit.turbotax.20XX

After removing theses files, you should be able to re-install and the application operates as expected.

"TaxesAreTaxing Level 2"

This just shows that you guys really don't get it.

Can anyone confirm whether or not the new version of TurboTax works on an M1 Silicon Mac? Does it work via Rosetta or natively? I don't want to pay for and download this application just to find out that it doesn't even work on my Mac.

I'm currently using it on a Mac mini M1 without any problems.  Takes a little while to load initially, but it's very responsive while using it.

@geekydoc wrote:

I'm currently using it on a Mac mini M1 without any problems.  Takes a little while to load initially, but it's very responsive while using it.

Thank you. Do you know if it runs natively or if it requires Rosetta?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies