turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

aford

TurboTax Business: Your Forms cannot be printed. Error in converting your forms to PDF Format. I saw the workaround but where do I need to send these forms?

TurboTax Business: Your Forms cannot be printed. Error in converting your forms to PDF Format. I e-filed successfully, but seems I need to also file by paper? 

I saw the workaround but where do I need to send these forms? Also, which forms are needed for the printed return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

26 Replies
DawnC0
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Business: Your Forms cannot be printed. Error in converting your forms to PDF Format. I saw the workaround but where do I need to send these forms?

If you e-filed successfully (accepted), then you don't need to mail anything to the IRS.  The only exception to this is if you have something checked off on Form 8453.  Use the workaround instructions (attached below) or if you already have it printed, look at Form 8453.  If something is checked, it needs to be mailed with Form 8453 to the IRS at this address:

Internal Revenue Service 

Attn: Shipping and Receiving 

0254 Receipt and Control Branch 

Austin, TX 73344-0254

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6629889

Instead of giving us a work around why not fix the bug. Making me rethink how I do my taxes nest year.

I've the same error and I don't see this form... How could I make sure it's fine and there is nothing to send?

This  print processing bug is the last straw after a very frustrating Turbotax experience this year.  I will not purchase or use Turbotax again after 2019.

thr2021

what was the workaround? im having this for 2020 edition

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You will want to make sure the program you use for PDFs (such as Adobe) is up-to-date. Outdated software can keep your forms from converting. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Adobe is my default .pdf program and is up to date... The problem exists for printing the required forms that need to be filed in ADDITION to the efile.  When you try and print the forms, I get this error message:

"your forms can not be printed. Error in converting to pdf"  - I can print and save to pdf the entire return with no problem.  The form telling you what paper forms need to be sent to the IRS does not print or display, so I don't know what to send!!!!  The work-around in the first reply directs you to a non-working site.  Please help.  Turbo tax should fix this bug!  I have Turbo Tax Deluxe 2020

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@Journeyman488

I've already called twice with no success...  I had the CSR come onto my screen and still he did not understand what was wrong.  He kept thinking it was a printer error...  This is a bug in the software and should be fixed.  However, until that is done, I need to know what forms I should print and mail to the IRS...  Since I have been looking for an answer to this issue, I can see it has been around for quite a few years.  This is really unacceptable

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please clarify what type of return you are filing and which state?

@Journeyman488

1040SR and New York State

I am using Turbo Tax Deluxe 2020

@MichelleLO 

@JeanneLO 

Can you give me any more help please?

We are having the same issue.... so frustrating

Capture.JPG

go to "Print/Save for Your Record".. Save forms.. then open the PDF and Print. TurboTax, respond to your customers

Screenshot 2021-04-17 085339.png

This is the error when trying to print or save the IRS required forms... I can save and print the entire return but not the IRS required forms.  I don't know what forms to send to the IRS...  This is a bug that needs to be fixed

@MichelleLO 

@JeanneLO 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies