Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LA56
Returning Member

TurboTax Business: Your Forms cannot be printed. Error in converting your forms to PDF Format. I saw the workaround but where do I need to send these forms?

@Journeyman488   - Please did you ever get this resolved?  It is a day to the tax deadline and I am encountering this issue. After multiple calls to Customer service I was provided a list of unsupported forms as shown below - 

Federal Individual Form Availability
Print
E-file

Form 4506, Request for Copy of Tax Return
available
unsupported

Form SS-4, Application for Employer Identification Number
available
unsupported

Form 1040-V, Payment Voucher
available
unsupported

Form 8915-C, Qualified 2018 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer)
available
unsupported

Form 8915-D, Qualified 2019 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions and Repayments (Taxpayer)
available
unsupported
Form 8915-A, Qualified 2016 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions & Repayments (Taxpayer)
available
unsupported
Form 8915-A, Qualified 2016 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions & Repayments (Spouse)
available
unsupported

Form 3115, Application for Change in Accounting Method
available
unsupported

Form 4852, Substitute Form W-2 or 1099R
available
unsupported

Form 4868, Application for Automatic Extension of Time to File
available
unsupported
Form 8915-B, Qualified 2017 Disaster Retirement Plan Distribution & Repayments (Taxpayer)
available
unsupported

Form 8915-B, Qualified 2017 Disaster Retirement Plan Distributions & Repayments (Spouse)
available
unsupported

Form 14039, Identify Theft Affidavit
available
unsupported

Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (Taxpayer)
available
unsupported

Form 1040-ES, Individual Estimated Tax Voucher 4
available
unsupported

Form 1040-ES, Individual Estimated Tax Voucher 3
available
unsupported

Form 1040-ES, Individual Estimated Tax Voucher 2
available
unsupported

Form 1040-ES, Individual Estimated Tax Voucher 1
available
unsupported

Form W-4, Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (Spouse)
available
unsupported

Form 8857, Request for Innocent Spouse Relief
available
unsupported

Form 8822, Change of Address
available
unsupported

Turns out, there was one form I had  with zeros only on it.  Maybe a warning that certain forms were not supported in advance of E-filing might have helped.

At this point, not sure if this is the only issue ( since software does not tell you), whether to send forms with zero amounts or where to mail the pages that will have no impact on my tax return.

Please let me know  if/how you resolved this.  If I could print out the forms I'd feel a lot more comfortable.

Thanks very much!

@MichelleLO 

@JeanneLO 

TurboTax Business: Your Forms cannot be printed. Error in converting your forms to PDF Format. I saw the workaround but where do I need to send these forms?

Turbo Tax help is useless - After researching, it appears that this bug has been around for at least 3-4 years - but never fixed.  I did not submit any additional forms so I am waiting till the IRS contacts me.

Yup, the bug still exists as of March 14, 2022.  Faced it last year, too.  (And, yes, Adobe products are all up to date.)

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see this Turbo Tax FAQ if you are having printing issues.

Troubleshoot printing issues in TurboTax Online
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/troubleshoot-printing-issues/00/27086

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

You really might want to consider reading the problem statement before flinging a rather worthless bit of advice into the mix...

Escking
Returning Member

This is not "printing" problem, it's creating forms problem!

Escking
Returning Member

The bug still exists as of April 13, 2022.  I'm using "Home and Business" version. Adobe products are all up to date. It's really frustrated. I have been stuck on this issue for several hours. I'm not sure what forms I need to send to Federal and California. Turbotax software is not cheap, but they can't fix this problem for so many years! I should research what other tax return software for next year instead of using Turbotax!

NM1
Level 4

I encountered this in TT Deluxe 2021 with my daughter's returns. Like others, I can print/save absolutely everything as PDF just fine, but not the "print and mail these forms to the government" ones. Identical error popup as shown in other posters' screenshots.

It's especially frustrating and ridiculous that the language of this requirement and the error message are completely devoid of any specifics. It doesn't even indicate which "government", let alone which forms. What's the point of being so vague??

In our case, when I looked closely at the version of the returns saved during the TurboTax e-file process (not beforehand), I found that the NM state return had a new form which was not there before: the PIT-8453. This is an authorization for third-party e-filing/transmission, and the Filing Instructions page described what to do. This new form was included just fine as a page within the overall PDF copy, but would not save/print on its own. Her California non-resident return had a similar page in it after starting to e-file (8453-OL) but that one specifically said *not* to mail it. The NM form wanted her to attach her out-of-state return to the PIT-8453, even though it was included in the electronic filing - or at least, it was included in the "Filing Only" PDF copy of the NM return.

A possible workaround if you use Microsoft Defender on Windows 10 is described here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/after-you-file/discussion/re-error-in-converting-your-forms-to-pdf...

In my case, I use Norton 360, so Defender is not active. But even after I excluded TT2021 from Data Protector in Norton, I still got the same error.

This is a ridiculous bug which has inexplicably been around for years. At the very least, Intuit needs to fix the "Print/Save" instructions to provide actual information.

Link for workaround for failure to print documents to send to IRS doesn't work.

NM1
Level 4

Odd, the link works when I click on it from here. It goes to a recent comment in a related Intuit TT forum discussion.

Keep in mind that the required additional forms may not be going to the IRS but to a state. As I described, after e-filing my daughter's state taxes through TT, I saved that *entire* return as PDF (which has always worked fine) and found a new form included in it, with detailed instructions on the first page. So if you have done the e-file, save a complete copy in the usual manner from the Print/Save screen and then look at it closely.

If you can't print/save at all, period, that sounds like a different problem, sorry. There have been other discussions/Intuit help pages about that, I believe.

Its 2024 and this bug is still not fixed! very frustrating TT! 

It is 2024 and this bug still persists with TT!! I did a little research and discovered that the form I believe I should be printing is IRS form 8453. Here's a link to it 2023 Form 8453 (irs.gov)

It lists the reasons you might need to print and submit it and the related form(s). I hope this helps someone as it has been a MAJOR P.I.T.A. Makes me second guess my choice to use TT. BTW, I found this answer on a H&R Block website!!! LOL! 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies