turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

rmassie28

Turbo Tax question gone

the **bleeps** are versions of manure.

Turbo Tax question gone

My "critical" update is dated March 20, and I get a "details" link that take me to TurboTax Support Has Moved! The article in question is 4784576.

Intuit has been doing this for MONTHS? People have been complaining for MONTHS? And it's STILL CRITICAL and STILL UNEXPLAINED?

How incompetent can a company be?

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax question gone

Release notes for updates have been discontinued and the actual link will be removed in a future releases. Please see this article for more information, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/updates/00/978207

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Anonymous
Not applicable

Turbo Tax question gone

Today 03/23/2020 Still getting the error that support has moved when trying to see what the Critical Updates included.

"TurboTax Support has moved - Click here to go the new TurboTax Support"

I like others would like to know what has changed. Forms, Calculations, etc.

How frustrating. 😡

Turbo Tax question gone

@NashayLO 

That's not an answer! We already know it doesn't lead anywhere. WHY DON'T YOU FIX IT?

You guys remind me of the bird that used to fly around and around the North Pole in ever decreasing circles until it disappeared up its own fundament.

RayF
Level 2

Turbo Tax question gone

NashayLO reply an hour ago said release note for updates would be removed and provided a link. The article is 9 pages long  https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/updates/00/978207/page/9 The last update by its Moderator was 2 weeks ago, directing us to links for IRS and State Form Availability.

This is no help as it doesn't tell me what changed. For example, I found a bug in TTax in calculating the tax credit for my Tesla. Step-by-Step for Deduction &  Credits has it under Cars and Other Things You Own, Energy-Efficient Vehicles. The step, Your Credit Results, ask you to enter the credit amount and has a link to Learn More. It in turn has a link to the IRS website for electric vehicles that says my credit has been reduced by 25% to $1,875. Entering $1,875 ends up on Form 8936. In turn it goes to Form 8936 (Copy 1) where it's reduced again by 25%.  So instead of $1,875, TTax reduced the credit to $469; a loss of $1,406!

I discussed this at length with support. The workaround is to enter $7,500 in Step-by-Step. Now when TTax fixes the issue it might recalculate my credit to be $7,500 causing an underpayment of $1,406.

How am I to know when the fix has been made? We have to have a way to know what changes are made in the latest and historic updates. Hopefully they'll email notification if it affects our return too.

RayF
Level 2

Turbo Tax question gone

How am I to know when a fix has been made? We have to have a way to know what changes are made in the latest and historic updates. Hopefully they'll email notification if it affects our return too.

See my example of why it's needed at https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/re-turbo-tax-update-problem/01/1351210/highlight/...

Turbo Tax question gone

Please by my email, did my filling go through.  I printed out the forms and I chose E- file  direct to my bank.  I have heard nothing,  are you sure you filled it. Please advise.  I can not find any other way o get this info to you

Turbo Tax question gone

@Jbett22000   When will you get your refund,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

Was your return Accepted? First double check your efile status here
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

If it says Printed or Ready to Mail you needed to actually mail it to the IRS yourself.  So it might not be filed yet.

Crewmax42

Turbo Tax question gone

I had some issues with 1099-DIVs not taking information updates. It seemed to help to go to forms and delete the respective report form and them input information. 

Turbo Tax question gone

Intuit HQ is in Mountain View, CA in Santa Clara County.  Not sure what it's like in other states but from my experience with the BBB in California it's a wast of time trying to get their help.  I've tried to work through the LA County BBB to settle a complaint and found they are NOT consumer advocates.  The Santa Clara County BBB is at www.bbb.org/us/ca/santa-clara  if you want to try it anyway.  But here's a link to the Santa Clara County District Attorney's office, consumer protection unit.  That might be a better alternative. 

https://www.sccgov.org/sites/da/prosecution/DistrictAttorneyDepartments/Pages/Consumerprotectionunit...

tio

Turbo Tax question gone

This site and other crap is the most useless pain n the butt the I've seen.  Why are you doing something this STUPID?

Turbo Tax question gone

After a great amount of time & effort I finally got my taxes filed . Tried To change my mind and e-fie- could not find my way thru your system. Have seen E-mails  that I filed Two Ways (I hope not)  I feel like I'M being Fleeced When I deal with TURBO TAX anymore.  I think You are MONEY HUNGRY anymore. When I first started doing business with you you  were great. That changed in 2018. 

Turbo Tax question gone

I had the same problem where I saw the EV tax credit value go down for my refund after an update and I eventually found out it was because they changed how they calculated the refund. It's crazy that TurboTax has changed this rule where information about updates is not available. I'll be looking for another tax software next year if they don't change this policy.

Turbo Tax question gone

WTF!?  It's been weeks and they can'tr even fix a piddly broken link, nor can they post the correct one anywhere.  Are we to assume that TT just plain has no idea what the changes they're making to their own software are?   And we're supposed to trust this brand.  Maybe we can find the info we need on the HR Block site??  This is real amateur hour stuff.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies