turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Turbo Tax question gone

I am deleting this post (original post above) that I wrote.  It seems pretty clear to me that the comments below are written by competitors - H&R Block actually named in comments - writing negative things about TT.   Knock it off.   I will continue to use TT as I have for decades.  Never a tax form problem, great guidance.  Love TT.

Turbo Tax question gone

Oh sure... pretty clear.  I your paying customer who submits a critical comment is labeled a 'competitor'... what bs.  Guess what.  You have a lot of unhappy customers or hasn't that become clear from reading all these unanswered complaints?

rakes5
Returning Member

Turbo Tax question gone

I don't know if I will here anything, but I sent this to two of the local Chicago, TV station, consumer advocates. Maybe one of them will pick up the ball and run with this, and get some attention.

rakes5
Returning Member

Turbo Tax question gone

Also today, when I did the update, it asked for my license code again, before allowing me to get the return I have been working on. I have the CD version, so I am supposed to be able to log into 5 devices. Hopefully this isn't something ongoing, so I run out of attempts.

Turbo Tax question gone

>I am deleting this post (original post above) that I wrote.  It seems pretty clear to me that the comments below are written by competitors 

What rubbish! I am a taxpayer and a paying customer of TTax ($60 for Deluxe, $120 for Business, both from Amazon). I have been paying every year for TTax since it was a DOS program in the 1990s, except for one or maybe two years when I used H&R Block. In past years I've always used Basic, because I prefer to work with the forms; this year I bought Deluxe because I figured that $20 was worth it not to have to transfer the information to an online form at the state "Revenue Administration" site.  I also fancied that TTax was going to e-file it for me, until I discovered that cost $30 extra! No thanks. A stamp costs 52 cents.

Turbo Tax question gone

Except that's not the answer.  That is a look at these forms that we support, but it doesn't tell us what is being updated in the software that is labeled critical updates. 

Discontinuing the update information because your users are too dumb to understand has to be the worst possible marketing plan I've ever heard of.  

Bad form TurboTax.  Get it together and give us back our updates!

Elizabeth

Turbo Tax question gone

If release notes are discontinued, it is a matter of 1 line in the web server to redirect to a page that tells us that.  One line.  5 minutes of work.  How hard is that?  

If an update is CRITICAL - your words, not mine - then I need to know what the update is.  Simple as that.  I do taxes for several family members, each with different situations. If I was an expert I'd do it by hand. I'm not an expert.  I'm just some guy that paid real money for help and you (Intuit, the people I paid my money to) are refusing to provide that help.  I reported this months ago. I don't know why Intuit doesn't understand that the word "Critical" means important and that important things require action.

Turbo Tax question gone

I suspect that this will only get attention once it's brought up on Turbo Tax's social media platforms.  From what I understand, nowadays that's the best way (and in this case apparently the only way) to get the attention of many companies.  The readership of these kinds of forums are limited, relative to the number of people that pay attention to social media.  Unfortunately I'm not one to pay attention to social media but if anyone else knows how to make the best use of those platforms, I think that would really help.

De71
Returning Member

Turbo Tax question gone

I'm trying to update my turbo tax  visa debit card I don't have my userid or password  and I have a new phone number 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax question gone

@De71 If you received a Refund Advance last year, you’ll need to open a Money account with Credit Karma to see your Refund Advance funds for this year. You won’t see the funds if you sign in with the account you made last year.  Refer to the following Help Article for more information:  About the Credit Karma Visa® Debit Card for Refund Advance

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies