larry2358

Software Problem Upon start up I try to open and get message Turbo tax is already runningunder another account switch usersand run TT from the other account to continue. Error 70001 Help want to do taxes!

Upon start up I try to open and get message Turbo tax is already running under another account switch users and run TT from the other account to continue. Error 70001 Help want to do taxes!

HelenC12

This is a spontaneous connectivity issue that typically resolves itself as long as your connection to TurboTax remains intact while the process you are working on completes.

Solution

If the issue doesn't resolve on its own, close TurboTax, restart your computer, and reopen TurboTax.

If that doesn't solve your problem:

1. Make sure you aren't on a work computer. (Most work computers have a strong security firewall that can blocking TurboTax from accessing the Internet.)
  2. Check your firewall (like Windows Defender, Bitdefender, or AVG). Make sure it's not blocking TurboTax from accessing the internet.
  3. Run TurboTax as an administrator.
  4. Ensure TurboTax is up-to-date.

To reset your Internet connection:

1. Turn off your computer, your router, and your cable modem, in that order.
  2. Wait a minute, then turn your modem back on.
  3. Wait another minute, then turn your router back on.
  4. Once your router is back up, turn your computer back on and try logging in again.

Related Information:

Source: TurboTax FAQ

cjbnd1978

I tried all the solutions to this "spontaneous connection issue you recommend.  I sent 3 messages to you last week about this problem.  No response at all.  (Do any human beings at Intuit actually see these messages?) I waited a week to see if an update might fix the problem.  It did not.  Decided to return the CD I bought and exchange it for another.  I had the same results with the second CD.  I tried using both the first and second license codes to download instead of loading from the CD.  Same results.  I have used TurboTax exclusively for well over a decade and I have TT 2011 - 2019 still loaded on my computer - and have never had a problem using it.  

Specifically, when I click on anything to start on the state return, the program immediately aborts.  When I click on the Update or Start button to enter certain deductions the program immediately aborts.  Another version of TT is not running on my computer.  I will wait until January 16, to hear from you about how to really fix this and/or will load the latest update that day.  If the problem persists I will return the software for credit and switch to H&R Block or some other tax software, and won't be purchasing your product again.

@cjbnd1978 wrote:

TurboTax support does not have an email address.

This is your first and only message on this TurboTax user forum.

TurboTax support is open from 5am to 5pm Pacific time, Monday thru Friday

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

lottjc1

Error 70001