This is a spontaneous connectivity issue that typically resolves itself as long as your connection to TurboTax remains intact while the process you are working on completes.
If the issue doesn't resolve on its own, close TurboTax, restart your computer, and reopen TurboTax.
If that doesn't solve your problem:
- Make sure you aren't on a work computer. (Most work computers have a strong security firewall that can blocking TurboTax from accessing the Internet.)
- Check your firewall (like Windows Defender, Bitdefender, or AVG). Make sure it's not blocking TurboTax from accessing the internet.
- Run TurboTax as an administrator.
- Ensure TurboTax is up-to-date.
To reset your Internet connection:
- Turn off your computer, your router, and your cable modem, in that order.
- Wait a minute, then turn your modem back on.
- Wait another minute, then turn your router back on.
- Once your router is back up, turn your computer back on and try logging in again.