turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

TurboTax has worked hard with the IRS to be able to e-file this form.  Since this will require programming adjustments for both the IRS and TurboTax, it will be a few weeks before these changes are made.  If you wish to file this form, you have the following options:

1. Mail in your return now and not wait until the form is available to e-file.
  2. E-file your return without the form, and then file an amended return with the form attached to it (amended returns now also can be e-filed for greater convenience).
  3. Wait until the form is available in TurboTax and e-file your entire return at once.

Feel free to reach out if you have any questions on how to do this.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
rfulop16

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

When will this issue you be resolved? I keep getting the same error message and I am not able to clear and start over for some reason. I need assistance.

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

@rfulop16 I am unsure which error you are receiving when trying to e-file and if it is with your state or federal, so I am posting a few fixes below. If you are using the CD/Download version, please try performing an update, then close and restart before trying again. Please see the instructions below:

Please reach out to us if you continue to have this issue.

wellsm19

Same issue here! I've already paid, so I can't delete my State and resubmit. Can someone please tell me what to do?

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

We have received numerous reports of this experience that appear to be coming from various areas of the program. Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will need to investigate your experience.  Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)b. Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below

1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent" Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread. 

rfulop16

Hi Lindsey, thank you so much for your response!

A) All my forms are available. I do not have anything crazy, my taxes are typically super simple. The most complex part is student loan interest. 

B) I cannot remove my state file given that I already paid. The system will not allow me to clear and restart. 

C) I did already send my tax file. Do you know when they will be able to take a look at mine?

rfulop16

Hi Cass0317, 

The error I see is right after I transmit: " We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets."

I purchased the online Deluxe version so I should be able to file state and federal. But I continue to get this issue. Please help me!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. Please visit the Contact Us page and select your product to get you to the right person.

@rfulop16

armo75
Returning Member

I've already paid and am unable to delete State, what do I do?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact customer support for assistance:  What is the TurboTax phone number?

@armo75

Returning Member

My taxes were not filed after purchasing deluxe version . I cannot get in touch with anyone from turbo tax . Horrible customer service . Their only concern is getting paid for something they didn’t do,

Returning Member

This is a joke, horrible service and no live assistance . All they want is for you to pay more money for answers 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please clarify what issues you are having with filing your tax returns - was it rejected?

@0404

Crtieszen

After I had already paid to file federal and state together, I did delete my state return. Then, the federal return E-file was successful. However, that meant I had to re- add a state return, pay for the state return for a second time, and re-Efile. Can I get a refund for the separate state return I had already paid for?  I basically paid twice because the website has an issue? That is sneaky, and enough for me to not want to use Turbotax again. 

@Crtieszen wrote:

After I had already paid to file federal and state together, I did delete my state return. Then, the federal return E-file was successful. However, that meant I had to re- add a state return, pay for the state return for a second time, and re-Efile. Can I get a refund for the separate state return I had already paid for?  I basically paid twice because the website has an issue? That is sneaky, and enough for me to not want to use Turbotax again. 

You can phone Customer Support and tell them what happened.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

FAQ: What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Or you can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies