turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

Warning - I had "transmission didn't go through" error a million times, followed all support suggestions then ended up choosing to remove the state as suggested. I clicked "remove state" and confirmed that I understood that this was undoable. I then hit "transmit" again, and the state had NOT been removed at all. Turns out there was a portion of the state return that was impossible to efile (hence the previous error, and TT knows it was unefilable, so unsure why on earth it allowed me to even go through this except to get an extra $25). So TT program just decided without asking me to strip that part off and efiled the rest. I wouldn't have even known, except the $$ status numbers at the top changed, so good thing I was paying attention. Of course I can't undo the efile and now have to pay the erroneous tax last-minute rather than get the correct refund, AND file an amendment then wait months for the correct refund, AND I'm out the $25 state efiling fee. So, be thankful the program's multiple errors at least prevent most of you from accidentally filing an incorrect return. Doesn't seem like much of a "calculation guarantee," more like "guarantee you'll be printing and mailing at the post office like it's 1980."

crystalhopper
Returning Member

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets

@crystalhopper wrote:

######

This is a public user community forum.   We don't know what you are doing, but you shouldn't post any personal info in this public forum.

Tried to complete and submit, will not allow me to. Followed instructions on the thread and ended up with the same issue. My token is 919023 please email if there is a solution at [email address removed] 

Thank you!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions provided here by GabiU @normanita9092

Please comment and let us know if this does not work. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Having this issue over and over again 

Screenshot_20220211-231957_Chrome.jpg

dj51234

This is happening to me as well in 2022.  None of the fixes stated worked.

This is ridiculous my federal went through with no problems 

@ Bchambers19900  wrote:

This is ridiculous my federal went through with no problems 

I'll assume you are referring to a problem with efiling your state return, but didn't mention which state.   Some states have forms that are not yet finalized and available for efiling.   You can check on your particular state's forms availability date here:

State Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

NOTE:  Since you efiled the Federal return first, you won't be able to efile the state return until/unless the Federal efile was accepted.  You can check the efile status of the Federal return at the Tax Home page.

Followed along with the process and still receiving an error...

Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available.

Thank you for your time!

@normanita9092 wrote:

Followed along with the process and still receiving an error...

Tax Year 2021 transmissions are not available.
Thank you for your time!

See if all the forms you need to efile are finalized and available for efiling.  Some states still have forms that are not yet ready for efiling.

TurboTax IRS Federal Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

ERhone

Mine is giving the same message as well. Tried taking out my state, no luck. Sign out and sign in, no luck. I’ve done this like 5x. Token # : 921613

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Which state are you filing in?

@ERhone

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Token #922902, tax returns copied to an agent for assistance.  Receiving the error message in the subject.  Deleted my state return as suggested and re-entered still receiving the same error message.  Please advise.

@KERRYJOHNSON0424 wrote:

Token #922902, tax returns copied to an agent for assistance.  Receiving the error message in the subject.  Deleted my state return as suggested and re-entered still receiving the same error message.  Please advise.

What state???  This is a user community forum, so the token number doesn't help here.    Are you in North Carolina by any chance?    If so, North Carolina forms (including the main form D-400) won't be available for efiling until 2/24/2022.     If that's not your state, then look at the following tables to see if your forms are finalized and available for efiling:

TurboTax IRS Federal Forms Availability Table:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/irs-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-pe...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies