turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GabiU
Level 15

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

[2/20--still researching for those that cannot delete state. 
Are you selecting "Pay with my refund?"
Have you updated your browser? 
Are you on a VPN? Do you have an antivirus that's blocking the transmission?] 

Hello! Hopefully this helps.  

I get the message "not entitled to efile one of more formsets". 

Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will investigate your experience.
 Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?

(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Sign out, Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below
  1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.
You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file

c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent
Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Try to delete your state return and then add it again.

This has been working to clear the formsets issue and allows you to proceed with your tax return.

You will need to go through your state interview section..

1. Select State in the black panel on the left hand side of your screen when logged into TurboTax.
  2. This will take you to a screen titled Let's get your state taxes done right.  Click continue on this screen.
  3. You will see the following screen titled Status of your state returns.
  4. Select Delete to the right of your state, and then select Add Another State.
  5. You will need to go through the state interview questions again to repopulate your state return.

State return

@brian12333

View solution in original post

286 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

This likely means there is a form or multiple forms that aren't ready to be filed just yet. Here is an IRS forms availability table for TurboTax individual (personal) tax products. Also see our FAQ to guide you to the dates tax forms will be available state by state.

I am filing a 1040 individual tax return and the schedule says available.  I'm still unable to transmit through e-file.

JoannaB2
Expert Alumni

Yes,  If you received the response "You are not entitled to e-file" means there were errors on the return or a certain form/s are not available yet for file. , You may click Federal Review located on the upper right hand side of the screen and click review to check for errors. You do the same on your state income tax. .  

The errors on the return must be fixed in order to successfully transmit the return to the IRS and State.  

I have checked everything and I am still not able to file

Matt0092

I'm getting the same error. I've checked and checked again for errors and I have none. Help would really be appreciated with this matter. I reading a lot of people are having this problem with turbotax. Thank you 

@Matt0092 wrote:

I'm getting the same error. I've checked and checked again for errors and I have none. Help would really be appreciated with this matter. I reading a lot of people are having this problem with turbotax. Thank you 

Delete the state tax return and then re-enter the state return.  This will remove the formset error.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for deleting the state return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-delete-my-state-return-in-turbotax-on...

cejj
Returning Member

I'm in the same situation

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

@cejj please try deleting your state return form as DoninGA suggested above; let us know if the issue still persists afterwards.

Im getting this message, I have checked the form availability list and all forms are active. I removed the state it still didn't work. I reviewed for errors... Is this a turbo tax issue, because I'm moments away from doing this over on another platform.

I am also having the same issue. I have tried to delete the state return but it says this cannot be done after payment is made.

madlizz9

I am having the exact issue and the rep on the phone with me was reading this case and in real time responses were coming in showing i am not the only one. There is currently no real way to fix this but she said since multiple reports are coming in that this will be investigated and it is best to just save your return and come back at a later date and see if this bug was patched. Thank you Jamonica ❤️

I am also getting the same message. I have no errors and I have already paid. Do I need to just print my tax forms and mail them in?  

mfiutko

Same Error.

In my case it looks like the issue is the first payment put in doesn't cover the state. So, the error is that I was trying to do my state but didn't pay for it yet. Once I removed my state and put it back in it asked me for another payment to cover the state. This wouldn't be an issue if you just showed the cost upfront instead of trying to hide it until the customer has done all the work and thinks I might as well now. Trying to be sneaky messed up the site.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies