turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

@hensonseanmike You can follow the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to delete a state form.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

This happened to me and someone said delete state info and redo it and it worked for me 

Thanks I figured it out and submitted my refund thanks so much

Same thing happened to me. Thank you to all of those that commented because it really helped. I deleted the state, filled federal and then it went through. I then had to reenter state, pay $40 and then was able to file state. Ive been using turbo tax for 8 years and this year was not smooth like previous years at all. I hope they figure it out before next year or I will have to find another company to file my taxes. 

Hey everyone I've had this problem for two weeks. I already paid $40 but it would not let me e file. I did not want to pay again like many others, but I read if you delete your (State) return and re-due it, shall remove the message. Paid the $40 AGAIN and it let me E file successfully. Ill just contact my bank to get the $40 charged earlier this month back.  This method worked for me as of 2/12/2021 . 

joycewj

I'm getting the same message. I can't delete my state and re-enter because you have to pay BEFORE trying to submit. I have paid. What else can we do to find out why we keep getting this error message??

Erica80

I also got the same response. I deleted my state and did it over again like others had suggested and it worked for me.

Yup been on the phone woth turbo tax almoat 2 hrs!F80DD38E-1438-476E-87B8-82BEEB7550F2.png

Its charging me anothrf $40

Sierrapup

Same here - simple filing - no additional forms - just 1040, getting "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets."

GabiU
Level 15

[2/20--still researching for those that cannot delete state. 
Are you selecting "Pay with my refund?"
Have you updated your browser? 
Are you on a VPN? Do you have an antivirus that's blocking the transmission?] 

Hello! Hopefully this helps.  

I get the message "not entitled to efile one of more formsets". 

Please troubleshoot with the options below. If needed, we will investigate your experience.
 Thank you for your participation and patience. 

a. Check Availability
 Please confirm all forms you are filing are available and supported to be e-filed. When will my forms be ready?

(The 8915-E Form is projected to be e-fileable starting 02/24/2021)

b. Sign out, Remove state and try again
 If all your forms are ready and available to be e-filed and you receive this message, please follow the steps below
  1. Sign out of TurboTax.
  2. Sign back in.
  3. E-file the return again.
You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file

c. Send us your tax file
Still receiving the message? We'd like to take a deeper look at your specific situation. Please attach screenshots, detailed instructions on where you are in the TurboTax Program and a token number. (This token number gives us your tax file with all your personal information removed)

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click Share my file with Agent.
A pop-up message will appear. Click OK to send the sanitized diagnostic copy to us.
Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.

TurboTax Desktop:
Select Online menu if the customer is using Windows. Select “Help” if using a Mac.
Select Send Tax File to Agent.
A pop-up message will appear, and the customer will select, Send. If using Mac "Send Tax File to TurboTax Agent
Note: Desktop will save a file to your computer unless you uncheck the box.
Another message will appear. Provide the token number that is generated onto this thread.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This interesting this is a problem I had also. It kept wanting to add a w2 from a 2nd job that I no longer had. I removed it like 4 times smh

sparajuli

I tried deleting the state return and now it is asking me to pay again. I have already paid before. Anyone know what should i do in this situation?

Thnaks 

I paid with my card and see the charge of $40. Got this same error and deleted the state taxes as advised but had to pay AGAIN with a different card, and it went through. CAN I GET MY EXTRA $40 BACK??

I got the same message, 

I also chatted with TurboTax representative, said it's not only me and this is the system glitch, the representative mentioned. 

However, when I spoke to local cpa, he said some tax forms are not ready for acceptance by IRS.

TurboTax is working on it to fix these issue.

I hope this helps.

Hopehip

I did what you suggested now I’m being asked to pay the $40 fee again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies