turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Jarson
Returning Member

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

I have got the the greatest stimulus from TurboTax ok.

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Why did I get response "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets." When I tried to efile?

Unfortunately, we cannot see your tax return in this forum. To check what has been filed, check our E-File Status Lookup Tool or check IRS: Where's my refund? to get your current filing status.

For your state filing status:

State Return Refund Tracking

If you are eligible but have not yet received any stimulus payments, then include the Recovery Rebate Credit in your return. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Go to the search box and enter stimulus. Click the Jump to link.
  2. Answer Yes.
  3. At the next screen, Let's double-check the amount you received, answer No to edit the first-round and second-round amounts.
  4. If no stimulus amount was received, enter 0. An amount must be entered in each box. When finished, click Continue.

For details about the stimulus payment calculation, see:

Questions and Answers about the First Economic Impact Payment — Topic C: Calculating My First Econom...

Questions and Answers about the Second Economic Impact Payment: Calculating the Second Payment

For information about the third stimulus payment, see: How will the third stimulus impact me?

I keep receiving this message when trying to E-file, and have no idea why???  Need help.

Token #832896

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

You may need to remove your state and prepare your state return again to move past the error and successfully e-file.    To review your fees to ensure everything has been paid, 

TurboTax Online:  
Click Tax Tools in the menu to the left.
Click Tools, and then
Click My Fees.

@ctphillips4 - Do you have any 2018 or 2019 disaster distributions you are reporting on this return?  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I was able to resolve the issue by removing my State, paying $50, and then E-filing. Wasted several hours dealing with the error message, but was finally able to file.

Please assist with token #848050.

Getting the "Our records indicate that you are not entitled to efile one or more formsets" message.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Try to delete your state return and then add it again.

This has been working to clear the formsets issue and allows you to proceed with your tax return.

You will need to go through your state interview section..

1. Select State in the black panel on the left hand side of your screen when logged into TurboTax.
  2. This will take you to a screen titled Let's get your state taxes done right.  Click continue on this screen.
  3. You will see the following screen titled Status of your state returns.
  4. Select Delete to the right of your state, and then select Add Another State.
  5. You will need to go through the state interview questions again to repopulate your state return.

State return

@brian12333

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is happening to me as well. I have been on the phone with 4 different agents. I tried deleting state and reentering them, I tried paying for the state forms again, I tried reviewing for errors and there weren’t any. TurboTax is a let down. With this many people having the same issue, you’d think they’d figure that out by now. No solution has been given. 

Hint: if you live abroad and file for foreign tax exemption, you still need to technically file your state taxes (from state you were previously living in) as "non-resident" status. At least, this was the case for me with NY, now living in Japan and claimed full exemption from all federal & state taxes - form 2555. Hope this helps

why am I not entitled to efile my taxes?

What does that mean?  

What is form sets?

What are form-sets?

Explain what format sets?

Hi @GabiU , just sent you my tax file as I have been trying for weeks to submit my NJ return without success getting the afore ,mentioned error code. I've tried all your troubleshooting tips and my Federal return went through. My token number is 868527 will await your reply.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies