turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ToddL99
Expert Alumni

What is the customer service phone number for Turbo Tax

See What is the TurboTax phone number? for information on how to contact TurboTax.

[removed] I started with your Full Preparation but it got became far more complex than doing it myself on your Deluxe site that i want to go back to the "Deluxe"  site. If that is possible cancel my order, I have done my taxes with you for many years, I just thought letting you do them would be easier, it more complicated. 

Owen Williams 

[email address removed]

[phone number removed]

@ okwilliams wrote:

...I started with your Full Preparation but it got became far more complex than doing it myself on your Deluxe site that i want to go back to the "Deluxe"  site. If that is possible cancel my order, I have done my taxes with you for many years, I just thought letting you do them would be easier, it more complicated.

You should edit your comment to remove your phone number, email address, and all other personal info.  This is a public Internet forum.  TurboTax Support won't phone you from the forum, but someone could try to spam/scam you or even pretend to be from TurboTax.  For your privacy and security, do not post any personal info in this user community forum.  To edit you can click the small 3-dot blue icon just to the right of your comment.  I also notified a Moderator, just in case.

You may get help during the day on how to cancel a Full Service product.  You may have to contact TurboTax Customer Support to do that.   I don't think you can use the "Clear and Start Over" method on a Full Service product.  I think that feature is only for regular editions and regular Live editions and wouldn't be available at the user level in the Full Service product. So I'll tell you how to reach Support so they can help you with this.

Here's how to reach TurboTax Support during business hours:

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number.

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

ktrawick

My Turbo Tax was completed by me, but it was filed without my knowledge and permission.  They went ahead and paid $6.00 which I was supposed to have owed.  I did not want them to do this because I was not ready and the Turbo Tax was not done correctly yet.  Now that the tax has been correctly completed, I cannot get it to be accepted as I keep getting a message saying that I have already filed.  This is a very big problem, because now that I have completed the form, I see that I am due a refund of over $700.00.  By your unauthorized submission of my tax return, I am blocked from filing the true return.

Problem #2: I have forms 1040-ES Payment Vouchers 1, 2, 3, and 4: each shows a value of 939. with the message: "Amount of estimated tax you are paying by check or money order."   This doesn't make any sense.  I hope that you are able to help me resolve this problem which you created.  Keith J. Trawick: [email address removed]

@ktrawick wrote:

My Turbo Tax was completed by me, but it was filed without my knowledge and permission.  They went ahead and paid $6.00 which I was supposed to have owed.  I did not want them to do this because I was not ready and the Turbo Tax was not done correctly yet.  Now that the tax has been correctly completed, I cannot get it to be accepted as I keep getting a message saying that I have already filed.  This is a very big problem, because now that I have completed the form, I see that I am due a refund of over $700.00.  By your unauthorized submission of my tax return, I am blocked from filing the true return.

Problem #2: I have forms 1040-ES Payment Vouchers 1, 2, 3, and 4: each shows a value of 939. with the message: "Amount of estimated tax you are paying by check or money order."   This doesn't make any sense.  I hope that you are able to help me resolve this problem which you created.  Keith J. Trawick: [email address removed]

Only the user of the software can initiate the transmission of a tax return.  There is no way for the software to transmit the tax return without a user action.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

If the tax return that was e-filed need to be changed you will have to file an amended tax return.

If the return is accepted you will have to amend your original tax return. An amended return, Form 1040X, can only be printed and mailed to the IRS if the original tax return was not e-filed. The IRS will take up to 16 weeks or longer to process an amended tax return.

Before starting to amend the tax return, wait for the tax refund to be received or the taxes due to be paid and processed by the IRS.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on amending a tax return originally completed and filed using the 2020 TurboTax online editions - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/01/27577

The IRS Form 1040-X for amending a 2020 tax return is scheduled to be available on 03/25/2021 (subject to change)

The Forms 1040-ES would only be used to pay 2021 estimated taxes.  If they are not required you do not have to use them.  They are not reported to the IRS.

jtperkins

My 1st attempt to e-file our 2020 Married filing jointly 1040 via Turbotax was rejected by the IRS, just like last year. Turbotax instructed me to resubmit with my spouse's 2019 AGI (we filed jointly?). I refiled with our joint AGI and it was rejected again. 3rd time, same thing. What can I do?

jtperkins

I'm using the $50 Delux Edition!!!!!!!

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

E-filing your 2020 tax return: To e-file you will need to enter your AGI from your tax year 2019 tax return.  If your 2019 return has not yet been processed, you may enter $ 0 (zero) as your prior year Adjusted Gross Income. If you used the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here tool last year to register for an Economic Impact Payment, enter “$1” as your prior year AGI. See Claiming the Recovery Rebate Credit if you aren’t required to file a tax return.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
KARENINBANDERA
Returning Member

PLEASE CALL ME IRS IS NOT SHOWING MY 2018 1040X FILED THROUGH YOUR SOFTWAYE ON SEPT 24,2020

KAREN ADAMS  [phone number removed]

A 2018 1040X can only be mailed.     The IRS is way backlogged with mailed returns.   There are over a million 2019 tax returns that still have not been processed.

See this IRS newsroom release: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Hopefully you mailed certified with return receipt or other tracking service as that is your only proof that the IRS even received it.

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
Khylt22

I’m having trouble submitting at paying for my tax returns 

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you are working in the online software, try clearing your cookies in your browser and then log back into your TurboTax software.  Many times, this will help clear the issue and allow you to log back in and proceed to file. 

Instructions to clear cookies to restart TurboTax 

If you are using the desktop version of the software, try the following to update your software

1. Select the Online menu at the top
  2. Then select Check for Updates.

If you are still having issues, you can contact us for assistance using the link below.  Please be aware wait times are longer than normal.

How do I contact TurboTax for help

@Khylt22

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tdlock

I am unable to print 2019 and 2020 taxes

@tdlock wrote:

I am unable to print 2019 and 2020 taxes

You have to download the PDF of the tax returns.  Open the PDF with any compatible PDF viewer, such as Adobe Reader.  Use the print function within the PDF application.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

Or -

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

tdlock

I need to print my last 2 years taxes

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies