Re: turbotax cd did not save my password correctly

turbotax cd did not save my password correctly

I know turbotax didn't save my password correctly. I have used this same password since the mid 2000's. I open my past accounts with this same password and never a problem. Yesterday I saved a TT file and today I can't open with this password. So I go to use forgot password and it suppose to ask me the question but the pop up has no question to be answered. There's nothing there. So I know theres something wrong with the program.

How can I continue with this file?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to fill out the Account Recovery Request form. You will need to sign in using the User ID and password you created the account with.  If you no longer have that information please click here and fill out the account recovery request form.  Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to fill out the Account Recovery Request form.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-recovery/help/account-recovery-request-for-your-turbotax-a...

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below to recover your account if you remember one of the following linked to your account:

• Phone number (recommended)
  • Email address
  • User ID

.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-recovery/help/forgot-your-turbotax-online-user-id-or-passw...

@tr_4 

I think you are talking about Password Protection for your Desktop tax file, not a Pwd for your account ...

Shut down TTX, do a full computer reboot, and  then try again:

(And make sure the CD is out of the drive...you can't run with the CD inserted)

ANd...run the latest TTX software update too..just in case..

I fixed it by uninstalling it and reinstalling the program. No need for the advice any longer.  Thanks