turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Parker48

Turbo Tax Live call

How do I schedule a live phone call with a Turbo Tax expert? How do I even know I am eligible to do so?..

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

20 Replies

Turbo Tax Live call

I filed our taxes with Turbo Tax Free.  Today I received a call from Turbo Tax (?) telling me to open my return.  It will not accept my user ID, password,  e-mail, phone.  I keep trying different combinations but you will not accept any of my past or present entries.  Please have someone  call me with support.  I can't access my account to even find out what the call was about.  Call me at [phone number removed].  The message said that my taxes could not be filed.  I will be home all day.  I am very concerned and need help!!!!

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Live call

@eureka1972 I would first do an account recovery to get into your TurboTax Account by following the instructions below:

Account Recovery Request for your TurboTax Account

We cannot see any of your personal information in the form nor can a call back be set up. Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Care for further assistance. The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. Use the web form and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

Turbo Tax Live call

I am having multiple problems with turbo tax this year: I THOUGHT I ONLY NEEDED TO IMPORT DATA ONCE AND IT WOULD AUTOMATICALLY BE INPUT INTO THE APRROPRIATE SECTION. BUT TURBO TAX ASKS ME IF I WANT TO IMPORT AT EVERY SECTION.  THE DATA IS NOT GOING INTO THE APPROPRIATE SECTION.  AND THEN WHEN I GIVE UP AND SAY I'LL TYPE IN MYSELF, TURBOTAX DOES NOT ACCEPT IT OR INPUT IT.  

I HAVE NEVER HAD THIS PROBLEM IN THE MANY YEARS I HAVE BEEN USING TURBO TAX FOR MY TAXES!  HELP!  ALISON D. ROTHROCK

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Turbo Tax Live call

If import does not go smooth, I will suggest to manually enter info.  For import, there is a limit on how many transactions TurboTax can handle.  See blue links below.  It could be due to there are too many transactions that caused issues.  Here are the steps:

In TurboTax online,

• Sign into your account, select Pick up where you left off
  • At the right upper corner, in the search box, type in 1099b and Enter 
  • Select Jump to 1099b
  • Follow prompts
  • On-screen, "Let's import your tax info, select I'll type it myself
  • Follow prompts to continue

For more information, click here: 

how many stock transactions TT can handle

Import / crashed

The transactions will generate either a long term or short term capital gain or loss depends on how long the stocks are being held.  The amount will be reported on line 7 of your Form 1040 along with a Schedule D and Form 8949.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mariperk

Turbo Tax Live call

How do I access a tax expert from turbotax

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Live call

If you are using the Full Service Turbo tax product then the steps to connect with your expert can be found here. You may also review this Turbo Tax Live FAQ here @mariperk.

pmontx16

Turbo Tax Live call

i paid for California before, and it's asking me to pay again

pmontx16

Turbo Tax Live call

hello i already paid for California, and it's asking for more money..  I'm very disappointed 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax Live call

Please contact support via phone to help resolve this concern; contact details can be found here @pmontx16.

deedtf

Turbo Tax Live call

I purchased Quickbooks after I started my business and have to manually enter each mileage expense. When I was initially adding mileage expenses, I would get prompted to add the suggested mileage distance and the addresses would display suggested addresses as I typed.  Now I no longer receive the suggested mileage nor does it display various addresses as I type.  How do I get those functions back?  Also, Quickbook switches my start and end addresses on some entries.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Turbo Tax Live call

Going to suggest you post your question in the Quickbooks Community forum so you can get an appropriate response from a Quickbooks expert.    @deedtf    Just copy and paste you question there, and I believe your TurboTax (Intuit) account log in should work so you should not need to create a new account there.   

JLK22
Returning Member

Turbo Tax Live call

is Tur

bo tax live the same as Assist & review?

Turbo Tax Live call

@JLK22 If you want a live review of your tax return by a CPA then you need to upgrade to TurboTax Live.  "Live"  is not available if you are using the CD/download; it is only available if you are using online software.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-get-turbotax-live/00/27305

You can arrange for the Live help you are paying the extra fee for with your questions from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4124827-how-do-i-connect-with-a-tax-expert-in-turbotax-live

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/learn-about-turbotax-live-s-chat-feature/01/981746...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies