Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."

The problem with install TT from USB is sometimes it requires the USB plugin when you open up the TT software.  

What I’d do is copy it to the local drive and install from there, then remove it from local drive after the tax season.

"This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."

It doesn't matter where you get your copy of TT 2020, the problem is universal.

And the suggestion from you "experts" to "call support" is hilarious because I don't see anywhere on this thread that after hours on the phone, the customers' problems were never resolved.

I'm trying to do that.  it was installed via disk on PC, Want to install via download, but as it was no actually downloaded it does no show up, thus I can't select it. 

You are wrong.

1) Newly bought CD.

2) Install on PC #1.

3) On PC #2 set up an account. 

4) Create an account and login.

5) Login and attempt to download Turbotax

6) Enter license # and click download.

7) Dialog refreshes and informs you that your license is associated with another account.

There is a problem if you first installed the CD.  It doesn't connect you to an account you can find.  You have to call in and ask for the download and a new License Code.  Hopefully you get a customer service person who know about it.

This guy explained it good

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/cannot-reinstall-download-cd-product-on-second-co...

I am in exactly the same situation and have spent 2 hours trying to dl this onto a laptop which does not have a cd drive. How do i find the account registered for turbotax as i thought it was the intuit acc i use for quickbooks.

I have spent enough time trying to solve this with no success.

Well, I won't be using TurboTax next year.

Same problem here, installed on my desktop no problem.  Trying to finish up taxes on my laptop and get the message that it is associated with an account.  I have logged into my Turbo tax account and it is not in my downloads  Very frustrating.  I will also be looking for alternate software next year.

I have a different Mac computer and would like to install this version on mu new mac

I have a different computer and would like to install this version on my new Mac. I have not electronically filed any returns yet. I understand the product key can be used in up to 5 computers. This will be my second one

flbent

I changed computers.  no cd. now what for downloading?

@flbent wrote:

I changed computers.  no cd. now what for downloading?

You didn't explain anything about your issue.  Did you originally purchase a download from TurboTax?

If so you can go back to the Downloads section of your account to retrieve the installation file.

https://shopping.turbotax.intuit.com/app/downloads/

Or did you buy a CD and no longer have it, or don't have a CD drive?  If so, see this FAQ about getting a download instead:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

"Currently, getting a download pushed to you by Customer Support AND a new license code is the only workaround. "

Did not work for me.  The rep tried twice to send me a new download code and neither ever came through.

Confirm your email address is correct in your TT account and look in the spam folder.

I already did both of those.  The Agent (3hrs with) had no clue as to why I was not getting the  new code.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies