turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

"This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."

when i complaimed to the better business bureau , and you can too!, i asked for intuit turbotax to help everyone , not just me. I specifically asked turbotax to admit they made a mistake this year on activation and provide a link on their main webpage to assist all users of turbotax. and to send by postal mail or email an apology and instructions to solve this massive problem. 

But, typically, they only want to help one person, and try and hide from responsibility for a tremendously painful exercise in software licensing that failed. 

So use the email listed, the turbotax robot deleted the phone number listed. And... Good luck! we all need it , desperately .

"This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Downloads."

I am getting the same error messages, and I attempted to call customer support at [phone number removed]. I keep getting to the question if I needed to amend my return, and twice now I have said, "No!" to no avail. I am then being transferred to live person but he/she is not available as hours of operation is between 5am and 9pm, and it is currently 7:12am??

C'mon, Intuit!

@ rech230gt wrote:

I am then being transferred to live person but he/she is not available as hours of operation is between 5am and 9pm, and it is currently 7:12am??

Support hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific  (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern).  It's currently 4:19 AM Pacific.

Interesting, I wonder why can't TT credit the disk version of the License Code to your account and allow you to download it to your non-disk-drive laptop?
Well, I am having the same issue and struggling with this.

The question I ask myself, and am asking all of you is this: If TurboTax does not make a big loud statement that they acknowledge this license problem, admit to it, take ownership of it. Promise to fix it before next year when I am doing 2021 tax year in 2022, if they do not, will I (and you) buy this product? 

I really depend on this software to do its job without complications. If TurboTax never fixes this, can I risk next year on this product?

What about you?

khco

I had this problem too.  I solved it by copying the contents of the CD to a USB drive on my desktop and running the installation from the USB drive on my laptop.

I ended up buying external CD/DVD usb drive (since my laptop has no dvd drive) and installed TurboTax using the disk that was shipped to me. Spend extra $30 on the drive and a lot of time :(

Bottom line: Intuit should not sell CD/Download version of 2020 Software if download part does not work! This version (package with CD) is sold on Amazon, Target stores and online, Costco stores and online, Walmart stores and online EBay, etc. and people, who buy this package don't realize that they need to have cd/dvd drive on their computer, which is rare these days. There is no way to download the software although it's advertised.

Next year I'll think hard before purchasing Intuit TurboTax.

TurboTax support is not able to resolve an issue - I called twice and reps were not able to help. They suggested to keep calling until I get to the rep who is familiar with an issue. What a treat!

I am a loyal TurboTax customer for 15+ years, but I doubt that I'll use TurboTax next year :( TurboTax should publicly admit and apologize for this year hick-up. 

DON'T KNOW IF THIS APPLIES TO ME, BUT DOWNLOAD HEADER READS:

Turbotax_1040_prm_[phone number removed].    Does this help?  My only other options is to try to reinstall and hope it coughs up some ID data.

OK, got it.  Here is the license number:

[REMOVED]   what do I do with it?   Only want reimbursement.

Hey don't post your License Code here!  We can't do anything with it.  Everyone can see it and steal it.  If you need a refund,

Contact Customer Service
5am-9pm Pacific Time
7 days a week
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

What is the Turbo Tax phone number
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Apparently the initial question wasn't so apparent:

Here it is:   I use TurboTax every year, and each year I use ONLY the online version, which stores all my data going forward. This year, for the first time, at the decision point - Desktop or Online - I missed the small print that said (this way to online).  I noticed my mistake too late and the desktop version downloaded and demanded payment to continue. There was no abort function. Trying to use the desktop version was an unmitigated disaster. I gave up, went back to ground zero and opened the online version. All my data appeared like magic and I completed the filing - then had to pay AGAIN to complete.  How do I get my $$ back for the version I did not use? 

Spoiler

You have to call in as I posted above.  Do not use the word Refund but type in Billing Issue and pick the CD/Download program in the product drop down box.

There is no download listed for 2020 version in my account.

@ anitimalry wrote:

There is no download listed for 2020 version in my account.

What's your story?   You didn't say why you were expecting to have a download in your account.   Be aware this is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info here.

Did you have one of these scenarios?

• Did you recently purchase a 2020 download from the TurboTax website, and can't find it in your account?
  • Or did you buy a CD in a retail store and want to use the license code to download an installation file instead?
  • Or are you a TurboTax Advantage member with an annual subscription and can't find the 2020 download in your Advantage account?
  • Or what?
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies