turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Rejected with correct agi

@Herbncoco4u wrote:

I thought you were here to help us.  I put in last years AGI (2018) and not accepted.  I tried to access IRS.Gov. yet stuck with username isses.  

The 2018 AGI is on the 2018 Federal tax return you filed Form 1040 Line 7

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/how-do-i-find-last-year-s-agi/01/25947

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

If your tax return continues to be rejected with the 2018 AGI then enter a 0 (zero) for the AGI and e-file again.

If this is also rejected then you will have to print and mail the tax return.

See this TurboTax support FAQ for printing a tax return for mailing - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

My problem is the same but the current year.  I called Turbotax and no one had this answer, I called the IRS, they acknowledged the AGI was correct but didn't have any answer.  If this is a common problem, how can it go on year after year and why don't your people give customers the answer instead of playing stupid. Then work with the IRS to correct the problem.

Did you scroll up and see the prior answers for 2019 returns?

Mine is.......

When did you file 2018? If it was late in the year try putting in zero for the AGI. And see, https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-ge...

If your spouse died during 2019 there is a problem efiling and you will have to mail your return

How to correct the AGI
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If you can’t get it to efile you will have to print and mail it.
How to mail a return from the Online version
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/printing/help/how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online...

Be sure to attach copies of your W2s and any 1099s that have withholding on them.  You have to mail federal and state in separate envelopes because they go to different places.  Get a tracking number from the post office when you mail them for proof of filing.

For AGI Reject code 031
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/e-file-reject-ind-031-04-or-ind-032-04-the-agi-or-...

lindalank

I've been having exactly the same problem!  Very frustrating.

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can find your 2018 Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) by:

• Looking at line 7 on page 2 of your 2018 Form 1040; or
  • You can request a transcript of your 2018 tax return from the IRS to ensure you have the right number. You can request your transcript online at the following link: Get Transcript 

Check these items as well to ensure you have the correct number.  If you:

• Filed late last year after mid-November or your return was processed after that time—try entering 0.
  • Amended your return last year—make sure you’re using the AGI from your original return, not the amended one. (If you only have a 1040X form, it’s on line 1, column A).
  • Rounded your AGI to the nearest dollar—be sure to round up when it’s 50 cents or more and down when it’s 49 cents or less.
  • Filed with your spouse last year—you and your spouse have the same 2018 AGI. (Don’t split the AGI amount or enter 0 for one of you).

Time-saving Tip: If what you entered is correct and you continue to get a reject, you won't be able to e-file. There's probably a data mismatch at the government, or some other situation beyond your control that prevents your return from being e-filed. In this case, your only option would be to print and mail in your return.

This article will give you instruction on how to print and mail your return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got the same problem . I've resolved it by taking the adjusted gross income from IRS website . Go to IRS and request for tax record and enter the adjusted gross income from there. It was different from the tax return filed through turbo tax for last year. I'm not sure how it is different then the filed document. 

ZOLA_DE

TOTALLY LOUSY, INTUIT!

nirmal_gm

Hi,

I try to efile 2019 federal and state tax return  and it is rejected due to AGI mismatch. I did verify my last year tax return and the AGI is correct.  Now I've efiled again with AGI as '0' and just waiting to see the status.

Is there a way other than AGI we could use to identify us? I check with H&R consultant and he said, there must be some other ways to identify for the efile.  Anybody did that way?

I'll appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Nirmal

Anonymous
Not applicable

2018 AGI is the only way.  if rejected again you'll have to print and mail because e-filing is now closed. Your situation has been reported by others and if both 0 and the actual AGI don't work there is no other option.  if mailed.  use a service where you get proof of the delivery. if expecting a refund expect a long delay could be 2 months or longer because the IRS is way behind in processing paper returns.

Tony--

Thank you so much for this information suggesting to enter 0. We were so frustrated because we knew we had the correct agi as well as the correct pin but our return was rejected twice. I read the suggestion to enter 0, tried it and the return was accepted. 

In our case our prior year return (2019) has not been processed by the IRS, we had not filed an extension, we filed on time electronically last year and the IRS had asked us to submit a printed form and other printed information which we did. This was right before the Covid 19 pandemic hit and since then it has been almost a year ago that we filed yet they still haven't processed our return and we are still waiting on our refund as well. Additionally since our 2019 return hasn't been processed they didn't send us the second round of economic impact payments (stimulus payment) the IRS website recommends filing your 2020 return to get the money for the second round as a credit on the return but they don't tell you that your agi is 0 so without that knowledge it is an extremely frustrating experience.

Mrwhite1

When I got to fix my taxes it gives an error code for the page 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

We understand you are having an experience with entering your AGI.  Please follow the instructions in this link: What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?.  If this does not resolve your issue, what is the exact message you are getting?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Vickyd48
Returning Member

How do I change my agi to 0  

@Vickyd48 wrote:

How do I change my agi to 0  

To revisit the 2019 AGI section in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in and open your return, if you haven't already done so.
  2. From the left menu, select File (tap in the upper-left corner to expand the menu on mobile devices).
  3. Select Start next to Step 3 (if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3).
  4. Select I want to e-file.
  5. Continue until you see the place to enter your 2019 AGI.
darkeith
Returning Member

This is now 2021 - I am so frustrated Last years taxes were rejected for AGI and now again this year is being Rejected!!  If I cant efile - why the hell go thru all this  NOW I'm told PA doesnt accept joint filing becuz my husband died in Feb 2020  - Now I have to make "mock" taxes - how do I do this and what do I deplete from each form do I leave all the stuff and just take off my name and W'2   What about my son who claims him me since I cared for him 10 months of the year - does he stay on the form for my husband - Wheres the help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies