turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Received a check from civista bank?

Is this the coreect refund check

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

52 Replies

So you received a paper check instead of a direct deposit?

Civista Bank is one of 2 banks that is used when you choose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund.   Did you choose that option?

If you chose to pay your TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund, the refund goes first to a temporary account at an intermediary bank--either Civista Bank of Sandusky, Ohio, or Green Dot Bank.  At the intermediary bank the fees are subtracted, then the rest of your funds are sent on to your bank in a second deposit.  The company that handles that is SBTPG (Santa Barbara Tax Products Group.)

Was there a problem with the direct deposit of your Federal refund?  Did your bank refuse the direct deposit, and was it returned to the company that handles that (SBTPG).

If the direct deposit is refused by your bank and is returned to SBTPG, then their bank will send the refund to you in a check, less a $20 service fee.

Is that what happened to you?  This is mainly a user community forum, so we won't know anything specific about your particular check.    But we can tell you how to contact SBTPG or TurboTax if there are any problems.

They took out $20 and an additional fee of $39.99. This is ridiculous! So I paid TurboTax $80. Now I have to pay $20 because my bank didn’t except it. PLUS another $39.99 for “refund processing “. This is absurd!

Accept it ... not except. Ugh!
cqlls07

I contacted Civista Bank and they said refund had been deposited and evidently not returned to them, yet my bank closed my account on 02/26/2019, Civista deposited funds on 02)26/2019, another says deposited in 02/27/2019.  Yet STBPG says Deposited on 03/04/2019: STBPG is not contactable by phone, automated system asks you to select Operator, after a few moments call hangs up.HOW do i get a live representative at STBPG, to find out where is my refund!

@ cqlls07   
Here is the only contact info for SBTPG I have.  Try early in the morning.  Hours are listed on this page:
https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Ask your bank what they did with it.    If your bank refused the direct deposit, they will send it back to SBTPG's bank that sent it, who will issue you a check in the mail.   I don't know how long it will take to get back to SBTPG's bank.

Here's how to phone TurboTax Support to see if they can advise you on reaching SBTPG.

FAQ:  What is the TurboTax phone number?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

Your SBTG link goes to a "The page you were looking for doesn't exist>"

ewicks67

I just got my refund, less $386. I called the number listed on here and the man told me they only tooK $140 at most. So where is the rest of my refund ? Crooks !!!!!!

IRS supposedly sent my refund to Civista, but when I call them they try to transfer me to SBTPG, & they are impossible to get a hold of. When I try to talk to Civista about IRS sending refund to them, they completely shut me down rudely & act like they can’t help me.

Been 2 weeks sent IRS sent my refund & still nothing... 

I talked to the irs today because I had the same problem they gave me this number [phone number removed] also I spoke with someone who returned my call at 877-908-7228. They also said they send the funds out 3 business days after they get them back and it could take up to 14 days After that 

I received a deposit for 232.71 but my tax refund was $1132.71 I need help figuring out why

Daryl4123
Returning Member

Wanted to No if my stimulation check was deposited into this account.it was deposited on April15 but it's not in my account.

Daryl4123
Returning Member

I'm asking because I received my refund check from you.when will I no if stimulation was how long will it be before I can get it will it be mails or what

lcstahl

Have not received my $13.00 refund that was to be sent to Security Service Federal credit Union, San Antonio,Tx.

Meka38

• We're is the rest of my money
  •  
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies