Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Received a check from civista bank?

@SJGrayson3  The last time anyone posted to this thread was several months ago in May---it is now mid-August.   No one knows who your question is posed to since there have been multiple posts in this thread.   Do you have a refund check you are having a problem with?   Have you tried opening a bank account, depositing the check and waiting for the check to clear?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@SJGrayson3  It looks like you have been posting to several different threads about the same issue.  You are trying to "cash" a check--and you are having trouble.   You will continue to have trouble with just trying to "cash" a check if you do not have a bank account.  You may need to OPEN an actual bank account, deposit the check, and wait for the check to clear.   Then, going forward, you would have the advantage of having a bank account and the ability to walk in to a brick and mortar local bank and get human help.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

How do I get in contact with someone on where my check is? 

GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

Need you to clarify what type of check you are trying to find.  Is this a refund check based on your 2022 return?  Or did you elect the Refund Advance option in TurboTax?  If its another type of check, please provide that additional information.  

@Ccody91

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I received a check as well. Wondering where I can cash it? 

Sharon7a

Took a check to the bank yesterday.  They couldn’t verify the check irs issued to me for no reason.    And irs isn’t telling me why too.    I need to cash this check out today 

Sharon7a

What do I do about it now. 

@Sharon7a You are posting to a thread that already has some old posts from multiple users.   You say the "irs issued" the check.  Does the check say that it is from the U.S. Treasury?   Or was it issued by some other payer?   And.....do you have an existing account at the bank you went to, or did you just go into a random bank and try to cash your refund check?   You may need to deposit the check into a bank account and wait for the check to clear in order to have access to the funds.   Please provide more details.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies