Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My turbo tax intuit says i need to update my browser, but my ipad browser is already updated. It will not let me move past this message to get to my return

Same issue today. I am using a MAC. Chrome is updated. Cannot get past the part that says my browser needs updating. Does TurboTax not want our business anymore? I would think they would make it a priority to get this fixed. 

My turbo tax intuit says i need to update my browser, but my ipad browser is already updated. It will not let me move past this message to get to my return

I have been having this issue for 3 weeks now and will be forced to use a different app this weekend if it’s not fixed.  I guess they don’t care as all the response I have seen from their team keep eluding to user error instead of them looking at the code issue that may be causing this to occur. It seems several thousand people have posted in regards to having the same issue. I would also appreciate a response or a ticket number to keep me updated as to when it will be fixed. 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the TurboTax help topic below for assistance:

TurboTax mobile app says my browser needs an update

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
MoniqueLO
Intuit Alumni

Please try refreshing your browser and clearing out your cookies. If that does not work, try clearing out your browser's cache. You may also want to try a different browser. 

Please see below for information on how to delete your cookies. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-do-i-delete-cookies/00/25978

Please see below for information on how to delete your cache.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

If you would like to contact customer support for additional assistance please see below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

MBR2

It's not just tablets, I'm having the same problem on a laptop. Guess I need to find an alternative place to file. Looks like you're right about  this being a ploy to get filers to use the app.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you would like to contact customer support for additional assistance please see below. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

LOL!  Some third worlders must have purchased Turbotax!   A link is given to get the phone number instead of just giving it and then when you go................... there's STILL no number!  LOL!  Third worlders, gotta be!

Turbo Tax is saying I need to upgrade as well. I am using a new Dell AIO desktop. Very aggravated I cant get past that page/screen to due my personal income taxes or my families! I have updated several times now plus powered on and off my pc.

@koolgrammie wrote:

Turbo Tax is saying I need to upgrade as well. I am using a new Dell AIO desktop. Very aggravated I cant get past that page/screen to due my personal income taxes or my families! I have updated several times now plus powered on and off my pc.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

HA! Mine too! same exact! I am very aggravated then some character sends me a link to turbo tax general help. LOL! 

Hi All

Had the same problem accessing with Google.

Tried multiple times no luck.  Checked Google and was running latest and greatest.

Switched from Google to "Bing"

Access granted immediately!

Sometimes software "Just doesn't play well together"  ?

DebCPA

I had same issue and finally figured out.  You need to compare your MAC operating system to turbo tax system requirements.  Even though I updated both Safari and Chrome to latest system requirements, it wasn't enough for Turbo Tax.  Check your MAC operating system version by clicking on the Apple icon in the upper left hand corner, then select "About this Mac".  In my case, my version is 10.9.5.  When compared to Turbo Tax System requirements, the only browser version listed under 10.9.X is Firefox 65.  So after I downloaded the latest version of Firefox browser, and entered Turbo Tax website and sign in info, I was able to get into Turbo Tax!  Woohoo!

I can't get past the browser update page, even though I downloaded the Chrome update

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You can try using the link provided below for troubleshooting the updating issue:

Troubleshoot TurbotTax for Mac updating issues

I finally ended up using my husband’s laptop with Microsoft Edge. It worked and I was able to file electronically, but since the laptop is not connected to a printer, I was not able to print a copy of my returns. I am extremely disappointed in TurboTax. I should have been able to use my Mac pc. It seems like the TurboTax people refuse to acknowledge that there is an issue. I don’t feel like I got my money’s worth. Oh, and I did try to file with Credit Karma, but Credit Karma did not recognize my new address and would not let me continue. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies