turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My turbo tax intuit says i need to update my browser, but my ipad browser is already updated. It will not let me move past this message to get to my return

@MileyCatMom What version of Google Chrome are you using?  The minimum requirement is version 73.x

The current version of Google Chrome is Version 79.0.3945.130

Pleasefix

My turbo tax intuit says i need to update my browser, but my ipad browser is already updated. It will not let me move past this message to get to my return

Tried to download the app but it says it's not compatible with my iPad. I've been using turbo tax for years on this iPad. If not fixed ASAP I will have to go somewhere else. Super bummed...

Extremely frustrating. I am on a Mac, latest Google and Safari versions, and I too am getting the same screen.  Cannot move forward. 

I guess I will be using a different tax filing company?  10 years with TurboTax.  What a bummer.

Can anyone recommend a different company?

IRS Free File Program - https://apps.irs.gov/app/freeFile/

I have the latest for Google Chrome and I still have the same issue

Same problem. I also can not use the app because as a lyft driver I get access to the software for free, so I have to go through the Lyft app to Turbotax. No matter what I do, Im told to update my browser. My phone is new, all is updated. Cache cleared. Tried installing chrome and firefox. 

If you think the infinite loop of updating the your browser is a f***ing waste of time, call this number: [phone number removed].  This is their help line.  you are greeted by a robot who, after you beg her to transfer you to a human being, will make you give up the same phone number and email address you use for TurboTax, only to tell you she doesn't recognize your ID and tells you to LOG IN to the website you currently cannot get into (due to the web browser update BS), and hangs up on you.  I've never cussed at a robot as many times as I have with Mrs. TurboTax.  

The helpline number they removed from my comment is 1eight hun[product key removed]66.

Is this the phone number you are trying to enter -  select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

nancytee

What's going on!? I've updated all my browsers but I'm still getting this message. Screen Shot 2020-01-23 at 11.31.50 PM.png

I am having the same issue. Same computer I have filed on for years, chrome is up to date.

same issue here. very frustrating.

I literally just had this same experience. Super frustrating!

I have the same message and at my wits end ! Anyone able to get past this screen ?

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please review the FAQ's below which provides the minimum system requirements necessary to run the Turbo Tax program:

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/system-requirements

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/system-requirements/help/turbotax-online-system-requirements/00/25...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies