Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Mac OS Big Sur - When will Turbotax run under this OS?

If you are having issues and need assistance, please contact customer support. Please see the Customer Support phone number hereIf you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Rhino15

I’m having exact same problem.  Did you get a solution?  Turbo Tax support said I need to change my resolution to 1370X768?  I tried but it’s not a resolution option.  Help please!

Rhino15

How do I get new version of TT20?  How do I know it’s new version vs. old version?

pdhjmp2006
Returning Member

There is no version of TT20 that will work.  Turbo Tax Intuit does not take into effect that updates occur.  I will no longer be using Turbo Tax.  I go through this every year.

I have the disk from the fall (2020 Premier) and tried to use it. Also, tried downloading in the fall but would not seem to run on Catalina, so went to Big Sur, which took me a while due to memory issues on my Mac.  So, I think I have some turbo tax files in my system, and I have no idea how to get rid of them.  Also, when I tried to download today, Intuit told be that my download ID had already been used, and I needed to find the downloaded file. Could not find it.   I'll have to call Intuit on Monday I suspect, and may need to go back to my old PC.  Any help appreciated!

pdhjmp2006
Returning Member

I had the same problem, used nit in February 2021, got updates to my Mac and no longer can use turbo tax.  Get your money back and use free tax usa.

I have the same feeling, having been with TT for the same amount of time. The overhead is more than I expected trying to switch to running TT on a Mac.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

This would be best resolved by clicking here to contact customer support @jackzin44.

Wow ... can't afford that. Going back to my old PC, and hope that TT20 Premier will work there.

Soooo, I did this yesterday and spent 3 HOURS on the phone with customer support, went through all the fixes suggested, and still couldn’t get it working.  Even sent me different TT download, same issue no matter what version.  I have a new MacBook and was using the program successfully until it seems the last update.  My Library folder does not contain any of the files listed under “Remove and reinstall Turbo Tax for Mac”, so I am at wits end.  It’s amazing to me that TT will not fix this known issue.  

thaocpa80
Returning Member

I just spent 3 hours on the phone with TT but still can't get it to work.  Can someone please share with you did to get it working again? 

It was working for me last week but after updates it but stop working.  I delete it and restall and check my cookies and admin right and still not working.  Thank you for your assistance.  

After many failed tries with TT2020 ad 2019 on Big Sur, I have loaded the macOS Catalina and all appears to be working ok.  Big Sur appears to have other problems besides TT.  

thaocpa80
Returning Member

**UPDATE**

If anyone having issues - follow the instructions by deleting all the files and reinstall.

Did that 4 different times successfully. When you try and install TT updates, it will crash!!!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support as your issue would be best resolved with one-on-one support. You can find the instructions in this TurboTax FAQ to contact Customer Support: What is the TurboTax phone number?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies