turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need to speak to tech support. I can't select a turbo tax product, the welcome screens are stuck the loop.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

34 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

I need to speak to tech support. I can't select a turbo tax product, the welcome screens are stuck the loop.

Please call TurboTax Customer service.  Here is a link:  Turbo Tax Customer Service

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thank you @CatinaT1 .  I followed all of those instructions today and yesterday.

All of the automated systems (voice and chat) won't let me speak to a person.

My account is stuck in a loop.  I log on and select a TurboTax product to get started.  It takes to me a screen where it says "Welcome back, mwill768, you've been using TurboTax for 100 years."  Then it "loads" my info from last year, then takes me to a screen to select a TurboTax product.  It continues that loop for as long as I try.

I have tried all the help guidance.  Log out and back in, clear cookies, try different browser.  I have tried calling and chatting several times, but the AI bot won't let me talk to someone.  I think because I haven't chosen a TurboTax product yet.  

With the amount of time I have spent troubleshooting TurboTax, I could have done my taxes twice by now.

mwill768

ReginaM
Expert Alumni

There are a couple of things that you can try to get past this snag,

• Try closing TurboTax,
  • Compete a  disk cleanup,
  • Restart your computer.  

If this doesn't work try this:

• If you've enabled pop-up blocking in your web browser, please turn it off and try again.
  • If it's still not working, try again using a different web browser. (For example, if you're using Chrome, try using Explorer or Safari instead.)
  • If those suggestions didn't help, try going back to your first browser and delete cookies.

If you have no luck, please contact us.

The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

@ReginaM  @CatinaT1 

I'd like to refer you to my last post.  I have tried multiple browser, cleared my cookies, etc.

If I have to run disk clean up to use a website, then something is seriously wrong.  I'm using TurboTax Online, btw.

I also can't connect with a person on the phone or via chat because the AI bots won't let me.  I have tried 3 times today and 4 times yesterday.

I have used TurboTax for 20 years, in fact, I have never done my taxes without TurboTax.  I need to talk to a tech support rep in the next 24 hours or I will find another company who can help me with my taxes.

Thanks,

mwill768

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, as this is a public forum, we can only direct you to the contact information a previously mentioned.  

There is a number listed on that link. 

Contact TurboTax

Have you been able to try that number?  

[Edited 4/5/20|1:46pm PST]

@JotikaT2 Thank you, yes, I have used that number.  And with the same results.

The bot won't give me access to a person because I haven't selected a product (or something to that effect).  It can't find me in the system.

I suspect I have figured out the problem.  I don't have a tax return loaded into TurboTax online for 2018.  I had to do it with the desktop version.  The website loops looking for my info.  That's a guess.

mwill768

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

You can always use the help feature in the desktop version and see if you can contact support that way as you are having issues with the online link.  It would at least get you to product support which is what you need assistance with.

In the Desktop software:  try clicking the Help button on the top menu bar.

1. Then select TurboTax Help Center.
  2. A popup window will pop up and allow you to type in a search or ask for help.
  3. Once you type in your information here, you will also be prompted to have someone call you if needed on the next screen.  You will need to enter your information in this section.

I will try that right now, thank you.

I am having this EXACT SAME problem. I can't get any help because I am stuck trying to select a product. 

Did this resolution help you??

Did you have to purchase a $120 download desktop software to do it?

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

You can try setting up a new account in TurboTax, with a new user name and password. Your information won't get carried over from last year, but it may allow you to get past the hurdle you are dealing with.

JohnB5677
Expert Alumni

The most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below.

We're open daily from 5 AM to 9 PM PT.

TurboTax Online

TurboTax mobile app

TurboTax CD/Download software

Thanks, but I actually need my information from previous years! I am worried it is trapped! Online version was a terrible idea.

@lisatilton wrote:

Thanks, but I actually need my information from previous years! I am worried it is trapped! Online version was a terrible idea.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

See this TurboTax support FAQ for accessing prior year online tax returns - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/01/270...

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $50 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Please note: these help systems cannot be accessed without purchasing a product and that is exactly the problem we are having. So no, it's not efficient.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies