turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

mmmeinck

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I have been trying to log in to my turbo tax account for three days now in order to get my taxes filed. Why does your site continually not allow me to log in?

I have been trying to log in to my turbo tax account for three days now in order to get my taxes filed. Why does your site continually not allow me to log in?

Tax Year Prior to 2020: I have been trying to log in to my turbo tax account for three days now in order to get my taxes filed. Why does your site continually not allow me to log in?

@mmmeinck wrote:

I have been trying to log in to my turbo tax account for three days now in order to get my taxes filed. Why does your site continually not allow me to log in?

You have to sign onto your 2019 online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2019 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

I was caught in an endless loop today. The site would not accept my old password - yes, I was using the correct login name, same as last time (and year before that and year before that, etc). I had to reset, but when I did, it sent me a confirmation code by text, and when that was entered, said "an error has occurred." I was trying to login via TurboTax to file, so back to TT and same problem again. Three times. Clearly a bug at Intuit's site. I was working in Firefox. Opened Chrome, logged in that way, all was fine. I expect it was not Chrome versus Firefox as much as the initial browser corrupted a cookie or something. Frustrating 10 minutes, finally solved thanks to advice on the forum. Bottom line: try a different browser, see if that solves it. Thanks.

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Yes, try signing in and out of your browser OR try using a different browser entirely.  Glad you were able to resolve your issue using the forum!    @Hydrocrust

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bronxsusu

It is intuit mint

I cannot see the progress of my taxes

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Intuit Mint will not allow you to see your tax return progress. 

You will need to login to https://turbotax.intuit.com/ to track your tax return. 

If you need additional assistance, please click here to contact customer service. 

Rodriguez5150
Returning Member

why do I have to paid for my state taxes I can't afford this I don't make a lot of money 

@Rodriguez5150 wrote:

why do I have to paid for my state taxes I can't afford this I don't make a lot of money 

By "pay for my state taxes"  do you mean pay for your state tax return, or did you mean pay any state taxes you owe?    This answer assumes you are asking about your state return preparation.

You didn't say what product edition you are using.   If you are using Online Deluxe or higher edition, there is a fee for the Federal return and state return.  And if you choose the option to pay the fees out of the Federal refund, there is an additional service fee of $40 ($45 for California filers).  So it's best to pay by credit/debit card to avoid that extra service fee.

However, TurboTax does have 2 free products.   I can tell you about the free products, and you may be able to switch to one, unless you already paid for the Federal return. 

The regular Free Edition is for very simple returns and not everyone can use it.  Certain forms are not available in Free Edition and require an upgrade to Deluxe, such as one of Schedules 1-3, itemized deductions, education credits, student loan interest, retirement savers credit, etc.   Did you start in Free Edition and had to upgrade?    If you haven't already paid or registered, and if you are sure you don't need Deluxe, you can use the "Clear and Start Over" feature to choose Free Edition, but depending on the complexity of your return you may not be able to use regular Free Edition.  If you need to itemize deductions, for instance, or have one of the Schedules 1-3, etc., you won't be able to use it.   See this FAQ on some situations where one cannot use Free Edition:

FAQ:  Why do I have to upgrade from Free Edition?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/upgrading/help/why-do-i-have-to-upgrade-from-free-edition/00/26379

If you have a very simple return, don't need Schedules 1-3, and are sure you don't otherwise need Deluxe, here's how to start over and choose regular Free Edition if you haven't already paid/registered:

FAQ:  How do I clear and start over in Online TurboTax?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

The other free product (TurboTax IRS Free File Program)  is fully-featured and can prepare all the usual forms and schedules.  It is even more powerful than Deluxe, if you qualify.  For example, in addition to Schedules 1-3 it can prepare Schedule C, D, E, F, etc., and enter K-1. But one has to meet one of the qualifications to use.  See below:

To qualify for free 2020 federal and state tax returns through the IRS Free File Program delivered by TurboTax, you just need to meet one of these requirements:

• Your 2020 household AGI is $39,000 or less; or
  • You qualify for the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC); or
  • In 2020, you served as active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a maximum AGI of $72,000, and you have a military-issued W-2.

If you meet one of those qualifications and want to use it, it is at this special website

https://freefile.intuit.com/

but see these 2 FAQs first, including how to switch without starting over:

FAQ:  What is the TurboTax IRS Free File Program?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/what-is-the-turbotax-free-file-program/01/...

and

FAQ:  How do I switch to the TurboTax IRS Free File Program? 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-switch-to-turbotax-free-file-program/00/...

There are also other free file options that may have different requirements at the IRS website:
https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

bren7d

I do not get a link to verify that I am not a robot ?

@ bren7d wrote:

I do not get a link to verify that I am not a robot ?

If the "I am not a robot" Captcha is not working right or has missing elements, try the steps below.

NOTE:   Are you using any ad blockers or script blockers?   If so, that may be blocking the Captcha.

Otherwise, here's how to troubleshoot:

• First, simply refresh the page in your browser and see if that changes anything.
  • If not, then log out and clear your browser Internet cache.
  • Close the browser and reopen it.
  • Make sure cookies are allowed/enabled in your browser settings so the Captcha will appear.
  • If still unsuccessful, do all the above, then this time open a private window/private browsing (aka "incognito mode").
  • Log in with the private window (again making sure cookies are allowed) and try the efile again.

Or see if trying a different browser (with cookies allowed) will solve it.

tboom

error after phone number entryerror after phone number entry

I have for the life of me not been able to log-in after I get the code via email. Once I get the code on the email... it asks me to enter the code... then it proceeds to this screen and then regardless what computer or mobile device I am on... it errors out. I have tried calling, emailing, submitting tickets, they verify all the information including my email and phone number is correct, but NOTHING.... and I need my corporate taxes to do this year's taxes! sooo frustrating! 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

What type of corporate tax forms did you file in the past? As some forms can only be prepared using TurboTax for Business

@tboom

badodds03

I just had the same problem. When I got to the page where it asked to verify my phone number it wouldn't not text the code to me and said account service are unavailable at this time. I clicked skip for now and it let me in my account. Maybe this is what's happening to you as well and can try to just skip it? Good luck 

uw095B

I need TurboTax Premier for 2929 Download version.  Already paid for it.

MarilynG1
Expert Alumni

@uw095B Click this link for instructions on How to Access Your Download

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies