Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I switch to TurboTax Free File Program?

To be eligible for the TurboTax Free File Program you have to either:

  • Have an AGI of less than $34,000 ($66,000 for active duty military).
  • Qualify for the Earned Income Credit (EIC).

To switch to TurboTax Free File Program:

  1. Sign out of your existing TurboTax account.
  2. Go to the Free File Program website and sign in to your account from there.
  3. Select Yes, switch to TurboTax Free File Program when asked, and Continue.
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in