turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have a activation code how do I use it on my iPad to file my taxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies

You can't ... the downloaded version must be installed on a full computer not a mobile device. If you don't have a computer to use you can get a refund of the unneeded program and then use the ONLINE version when it goes live later this week.    https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Go to this TurboTax website to request a refund for the software purchased from TurboTax - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/forms/refund-request.jsp

Sorry--you cannot use desktop software on an iPad or any mobile device.  You need a full PC or Mac in order to use the CD/download software.

If you purchased the software from TurboTax contact customer support and get a billing adjustment.  You can use online TT on an iPad.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday - Friday Pacific time.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@d4fa7e521aed 

1)  ....specify where you got your activation code.....who/where exactly did you purchase it?

2) ...and state the full name of exact version you purchased.

Note: the 2020 "Online" software versions are not expected to be active for anyone until AFTER 8 December 2020

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

@SteamTrain 

Where did they post the latest online opening date ?  

@Critter-3 

"They"  (TTX) didn't..

.......but people who purchase a 2020 "Online LIVE" package from Amazon.....the Amazon product description includes an 8 Dec notice....and it looks like a pre-order there.

Yeah...that's going to mess us all up royally this year.  We have enough problems with user confusion over what version they are actually using, and now they can buy both Desktop, and Online LIVE versions thru folks like Amazon (I've only seen it on Amazon so far, checked BBuy, and they don't list it yet, assuming they ever will). 

Both purchases will have 16 digit activation codes too, but activated in different places (Good Night Charlotte ! ).  A bunch of info here:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/register-or-activate-services/help/how-do-i-activate-turbotax-live...

On first look, the Amazon price is higher, but second look shows it includes one state, where Directly from TTX does not include the state.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

And this twist concerning the state included ...

If you purchased TurboTax Live through an online retailer or at a retail location, a state tax return is included with your purchase.

When you activate your purchase, we’ll ask you to select which state you’d consider your home state for tax purposes. 

If you’re not sure, you can generally consider yourself a resident of a state if you don’t intend to be there temporarily and it’s usually where you’re registered to vote, where your car is registered and, if you have kids, where they go to school. 

If you’re active duty military, it’s your home of record (the state you enlisted in), no matter where you’re stationed, unless you submitted paperwork to change your SLR to somewhere else. 

If you accidentally select the wrong state, make sure to correct it before finishing your activation. Once you start your taxes, you won’t be able to make any changes to your selected state

@SteamTrain     @Critter-3     Think may become a nightmare...users won't know what they purchased.....

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/authorize-funds/help/what-is-turbotax-live-purchased-through-retai...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies