Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I get my 2019 agi

Where is my agi n my turn tax when I logged in as new
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

How do I get my 2019 agi

The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2019 AGI:

• If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2019, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2019 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2019 return. Both versions will include your AGI.
**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

33 Replies
AlanT222
Expert Alumni

How do I get my 2019 agi

The IRS requires your 2019 AGI to verify your identity for e-filing. If you're paper-filing your return, you won't need your AGI because those are manually processed.

There are a few places you can get your 2019 AGI:

• If you filed your 2019 taxes with TurboTax, sign in and go down to Your tax returns & documents. Select View adjusted gross income (AGI).
  • If you didn’t file your taxes with TurboTax in 2019, the best place to get last year's AGI is from the 1040 form you filed with the IRS. Look on page 2, line 7. If you filed a 1040NR, it'll be on line 35.
  • If you're having trouble locating your 2019 return, the second-best place to get your AGI is from the IRS. You can order a free transcript of your return at the IRS Get Transcript site or you can purchase a full copy of your 2019 return. Both versions will include your AGI.
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

How do I get my 2019 agi

@useraishlenekai Your question says that you logged in as a new user?  So you set up a new TurboTax account?

If that's the case, you'll need to log into the old account that you used when preparing your 2019 return.  Do you have that login information (username and password)?  If you log into TurboTax using that old info, you should be able to see your 2019 return, and your AGI.

By the way, it's best to select ONE TurboTax account and stick with it.  Using the same account will be the best plan.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
maryannkeith
Returning Member

How do I get my 2019 agi

I can't find my AGI for 2019? please help

Kat
Level 15
Level 15

How do I get my 2019 agi

@maryannkeith The answer posted by AlanT explains how to find your 2019 AGI.   Review his answer, and if you still have difficulty, please post back.

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
lksorense

How do I get my 2019 agi

I have the correct AGI from 2019 but was rejected. What should I do?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

How do I get my 2019 agi

This Turbo Tax FAQ will provide information on what to put for your AGI if you didn't file last year or don't have the correct AGI.

What to do if my AGI is wrong

2020bt

How do I get my 2019 agi

2019 spouse AGI.

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

How do I get my 2019 agi

If you are filing Married Filing Jointly, both you and your spouse will have the same AGI.  To see other user's similar situation, click here: Spouse's AGI  If your AGI is zero, your spouse will have the same number as zero. 

If you have your last year's tax return, read here: Find your AGI

If you used TurboTax online to file, you can access your account here Login and download a copy of your prior year’s 1040 tax return to find your AGI.  Click here for instructions: Prior year's return

If you do not have a copy of the tax forms, you may order a transcript from the IRS.  Click here Get  Transcript and select  "Get Transcript Online "  On the transcript, look under section "Adjustment to Income" and find the amount for Adjusted Gross Income.

The AGI calculation is relatively straightforward.

• It is equal to the total income you report that’s subject to income tax—such as earnings from your job, self-employment, dividends and interest from a bank account—minus specific deductions, or “adjustments” that you’re eligible to take.
  • Your AGI is calculated before you take the standard or itemized deductions —which you report in later sections of the return.

Denise132

How do I get my 2019 agi

How do I get my 2019 AGI

How do I get my 2019 agi

@Denise132 wrote:

How do I get my 2019 AGI

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on View adjusted gross income (AGI)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $43 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Maui1977

How do I get my 2019 agi

How do I get my 2019 tax information when I don't remember my TurboTax old user name and passwords so I can get my AGI information? I have tried using the IRS. transcript  request form but it doesn't  recognize the information that I put in and it tells me to wait 24hrs. before trying again. I have tried that method three times now.

Thanks

How do I get my 2019 agi

@Maui1977 wrote:

How do I get my 2019 tax information when I don't remember my TurboTax old user name and passwords so I can get my AGI information? I have tried using the IRS. transcript  request form but it doesn't  recognize the information that I put in and it tells me to wait 24hrs. before trying again. I have tried that method three times now.

Thanks

You have to sign onto your 2019 online account using the exact same User ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the User ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2019 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

How do I get my 2019 agi

I am having trouble putting my code in to finish my tax fieling

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

How do I get my 2019 agi

Please try to clear the cookies and cache on your web browser. 

If after doing so you are still having the same issue, please click here to contact customer support. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies