turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I fix the Turbo Tax Error? A server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

There is also a bug that stops both Paypal and Credit card payments before I get to this point, this makes me think it may actually be a server to client communication problem.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

How do I fix the Turbo Tax Error? A server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

I did not solve this problem.  Instead I used a different cheaper, and for me easier, service called Tax Slayer.

View solution in original post

58 Replies
CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please try to clear the cookies and cache on your web browser. 

Also please check to see if your browser is up to date. 

If after doing all of the above you are still receiving the same error, please click here to contact customer support. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have already tried all of those fixes, I tried them again just to be sure, and again nothing worked.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please contact support via phone to get assistance with this matter; contact details can be found here.

That link includes only a 1800 number that puts you on hold.  I should think that after having been jerked around by this faulty support system for so long you could at least provide a direct line to some source of real answers. 

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

This occurs either when your account is on a billing hold or when Pay With My Refund was accidentally added twice to your shopping cart.

If your account is on a billing hold  please log out and wait up to 24 hours for the hold to release.

If you have 2 refund transfer products in your shopping cart follow the steps below.

1. In the left menu, select Tax Tools.
  2. In the expanded menu list, select Print Center.
  3. In the TurboTax Print Center, select Print, save or preview this year’s return.
  4. On the Like to print your return now? screen, select Pay Now.
  5. This should fix your shopping cart and take you to the shopping cart screen.
  6. You can now choose to pay for your return with a credit card or Pay With My Refund.

"Expert Alumni LeonardS"

Once you've paid, you'll be able to transmit your return. Please reference the TurboTax Your transmission didn't go through due to a server problem

If you need further assistance, please reach out to our TurboTax Customer Care Team so they can troubleshoot. The best and most efficient way for you to connect with the right person to get the help you need is to select the version you are using below. Use the web form and type your question or a keyword.  You will get an appropriate phone number for your issue. (You will not get a phone number if you use the link outside of operating hours.) We're open daily from 5:00 AM to 9:00 PM PT.

@hendell-fire

All of these generic fix options were presented in both the automated help system, and by previous replies in this thread.  None of them work.

Please look at the account in question and either fix it, or find out what exactly is wrong, so it can be fixed, and tell me how to do that.  This is not one of the common problems as those have all been attempted multiple times now.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@hendell-fire

You can contact an agent for further assistance. This FAQ will provide you with the steps to contact an agent.

Hi, I am having the same this problem. Could you please share how did you solve this problem? Thank you in advance. 

I did not solve this problem.  Instead I used a different cheaper, and for me easier, service called Tax Slayer.

I tried this 50 times and spent hours on the phone. The company has no clue. Thanks turbotax for your negligence. 

Your transmission didn't go through We could not e-file your return for the following reason: A server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

Good luck with that I spent hours on the phone. 

The same thing is happening with me and they can't seem to figure out what's going on.  My friend did hers and I did mines 5min later on same computer and hers went though but mines didn't. 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an older thread that may contain outdated information. Do you have a specific question we can assist you with?

@Ashleyf1520

I keep getting this error message server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies