Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

yesplease

How do I fix the Turbo Tax Error? A server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

call [phone number removed] ( billing department) and tell them you have a red flag on the account. They will be able to remove it. It is either that the system accidently got your order 2x while checking out and flagged your account or last year payment wasn't processed in which case again your account gets flagged.  

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

How do I fix the Turbo Tax Error? A server problem occurred while processing the refund transfer. Please try to e-file again and if that fails contact customer service.

Please try logging out of your TurboTax account and clear cache and delete cookies. Once you have done that, you also want to check for any updates. I have also added a FAQ article below for assistance. After you complete those steps, you should be able to file both your Federal and State returns:

Your transmission didn't go through due to a server problem

@Petroguy3666

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

YOU R RIGHT, having the identical issues as you, spoke to the RESOLUTION Dept, another 2 hours with an expert. Still nothing, they don't know what's wrong. I can't even buy their DL with a new acct and 5 different CC. I just ordered tje CD from Amazon, just to be safe I'm using TAX ACT at the same time. TT is so big they just don't care about a few hundred ppl having issues. I think it has something to do with their accounting dept and a bug that was probably introduced during their last time they were hacked. I'll luk if the cd works or not

I got mine to work after all this time. I had to pay upfront and use a different debit card that I didn't use with them before. I had to use my husband's card to pay for my taxes upfront but got it deposited into my account. So try that and let me know if it works. Try to use a different debit card that's you didn't use with them before to pay upfront. 

I too seem to get this error Every year.  My chat history shows my attempts.

Same for me.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@aaieee

Have you tried all the previous suggestions including using a different card? If not, here are some things you can try that may work for you. Please see this TurboTax FAQ here for assistance.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My issue is because I had a couple TT refunds from last year, I guess it triggered something that is blocking me from using any of my CC. After many hours wasted by the resolution dept and after me telling them what I believed to be the issue, they finally agreed, BUT... I kept getting hung up on by the accounting/resolution dept that I not only left TT and went to Tax Act, I successfully filed BOTH my returns. No ISSUES with my NJ return I should say and got a bigger refund and it cost less than TT. It's a shame TT lost a customer for something so ridiculous. I liked TT software, but I do have to say, Tax Act works almost the same. GL to ya all 

Seriously, not even joking, just go with Tax Act. Basically the exact same service and exact same feel only their system actually works. I talked to 5 different TurboTax agents to try and resolve this issue and none of them could do it. Even after a techincal investigation was done they said they had fixed it but in reality they absolutely did not.

If you tried all of the other steps in this post and still are experiencing the same issue, please try going to a family member's house and using their wifi or maybe wifi at work. And if you are using work wifi, try again once you are home. Sometimes, these problems can be fixed by these small things such as change of location and connection.

Billing address for your CC must match that listed in the Intuit Account Set up. If you don't update the Intuit Account info with the CC billing info, the system will fail, and enough attempts will apply a hold to your account, that only the finance department can remove.  Turbo Tax support can transfer you to that department. 

Try entering this street address 123 Main St. My CIty, My State, My ZIP all xxxxx-xxxx numbers (include the extension) Wait 30 minutes and then you should be able to process.   THEN take the Check box off and enter your billing address to match the intuit account. Everything should be processed and was accepted.

True story. Had the same error, for three days I struggled. Redid everything, cleared cookies, redid all my crypto, many hours with customer service and live chat. Nothing worked, until, I RESTARTED MY ROUTER.  Yes, restart your routers and you will save a lot of time!

I have been battling the same error for many days / hours.  I just switched my payment from CC to checking account and it went straight through.  Turbo Tax, please research this issue and update your phone customer care scripts to include this fix as it sounds like many people are battling the same issue.  No telephone customer help personal knew to tell me to try this change.  Please also research why some, such as myself, are not able to submit via a credit card.  Thank you!  It’s very disappointing to pay the extra fee for live help only to have no solution and be required to solve on my own.  

Same. I spent 3 hours on the phone and was told to call back today. The hold is over 30 minutes. Turbo Tax used to be so easy. Now I'd rather just go to an accountant. Who needs the aggravation.  I had the exact same error. Like thousands of other users.  No one has solved this problem.

I am having the same problem error message with the server trying Efile An amended return. Customer service is no help at all!!!!!! In fact they even tried to blame my server which I don’t even have a server?!?!?!? What the heck . 
The only option I have is to mail it  in which will take it even longer. 
I will never use turbo  tax again

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies