Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Cannot install Turbotax 2021 on Windows 11, how to resolve? After downloading, it gets stuck on "Activation."

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
doph
Level 2

Cannot install Turbotax 2021 on Windows 11, how to resolve? After downloading, it gets stuck on "Activation."

I am having the same issue on Jan 4, 2022. Brand new HP computer. Downloaded from Amazon. Applied updates. How does this not work on a brand new computer? 

The troubleshooting directions aren't good for Windows 11. Again, brand new computer. Doesn't work. 

None of the troubleshooting steps worked.

"I'll just quick download TurboTax and install it to set up to do taxes tomorrow" - ME

** 3 hours later after enabling/disabling every known configuration... still have a blank activation screen **

View solution in original post

41 Replies

I have the same problem. The Activation screen is blank. Can someone from Intuit answer this question PLEASE.

I am having this same problem.  Has Intuit sent an answer?

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the below TurboTax Help Article for troubleshooting blank screens and missing buttons:

Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images

If the steps listed in the article do not resolve your issue, please reach out to Customer Support:

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
doph
Level 2

I am having the same issue on Jan 4, 2022. Brand new HP computer. Downloaded from Amazon. Applied updates. How does this not work on a brand new computer? 

The troubleshooting directions aren't good for Windows 11. Again, brand new computer. Doesn't work. 

None of the troubleshooting steps worked.

"I'll just quick download TurboTax and install it to set up to do taxes tomorrow" - ME

** 3 hours later after enabling/disabling every known configuration... still have a blank activation screen **

See resolution to 

The activation screen for 2021 is blank. Where do I enter the activation codes?

See resolution in 

The activation screen for 2021 is blank. Where do I enter the activation codes?

I too tried the solutions recommended by Intuit, which are ridiculous because they reference "Internet Explorer" and the "Control Panel" which literally don't exist in Windows 11 anymore (or have been deprecated in favor of new Edge browser).

I seriously doubt the engineering staff at Intuit have installed TurboTax 2021 on a new Windows 11 laptop, if they had, they would have fixed this issue long ago. 

Intuit, if you are listening, please pay for some QA engineers and spend a few bucks to give them the latest hardware and OS. 

I work in high tech, and this would be unacceptable corporate behavior for my company to save money at their customer's expense. Heads would roll at the top for these kinds of disasters. 

I just received my TurboTax Home & Business  CD and tried installing it on my Windows 11 PC and I received a message saying it cannot be installed because it does not support my operating system!!! Windows 11 is not a supported operating system?   Please help!

I know that uninstalled WIN OS updates will cause havoc with the TT program ... update your OS and reboot the computer at least twice ... see if that helps. 

If not ...   

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this; contact details can be found here

I tried all the "Intuit"solutions with no resolve.  When is intuit going to send down a patch to make Windows 11 compatible with their software so we can do our 2021 taxes on Turbo tax?  Please advise with detailed instruction a person with minimal computer ITT experience can handle.  It would be much appreciated to get an answer from intuit we can use.

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this; contact details can be found here

THANK YOU TURBOTAX:  I had the same problem and they sent me an update which allowed me to enter the code and all is well.

Wrong. Tried calling your tech support yesterday. Worst tech support experience ever - terrible language skills, must have asked me 10 times if I was trying to download "turbotax", could not understand the blank screen activation problem.  Waste of ten minutes of my life.  Never again with Turbotax!!!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@smashcard51

I am sorry to hear this!  Please see the below TurboTax Help Article for troubleshooting blank screens and missing buttons:

Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images

There is also another suggestion by a user here: TurboTax Deluxe Won't Install

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies