Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can't activate Turbotax Home and Business

Please contact our customer support for additional help with your TurboTax product if none of the troubleshooting steps have helped. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@mitchell5357

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ejmac77

I had the same problem with 2021 Deluxe on my Lenovo running Window 10 Home Ver 21H1.  Followed your instruction to copy and paste code into Activation window that displayed with 800x600 resolution.  Even though the field for the code was not available, copy and past with the Activation window open did the trick.   Thanks!

dhutchens

I have put Turbo Tax into my computer by disk.  It loads, but when I click on it I get a blank screen that says activation 2021 turbo tax and won't let me put in my code.  How can I get around this.

Change your resolution

Please see the attached link for guidance on how to resolve the blank screen issue.

Troubleshoot blank screens, missing buttons, or missing images

Very frustrating.  I bought the H & R block program.  Loads fine.  No hic-cups.

My Turbo tax did the same thing last year. Apparently, they haven't addressed the problem

AGAIN, you MUST adjust your Screen Resolution to 800x600 or one of these lower settings. THEN you click in the ACTIVATION bar and type the code. IT WON'T SHOW... hit enter. Play with the other resolutions and it should work . YES this is bull**bleep** and TurboTax hasn't fixed this bug. This is the only way to get around their Flaw

Finally got through the blank  activate screen. maybe entering and copying code from notebook to blank screen was resolution.  Turbo agent last comment: " need to work on answer, will callback ~ 1hr"   not.  tried all sorts of stuff identified above + going to single screen from 2 screens 

yep 3 times copy paste code from notebook to blank screen enter  if on 2nd screen go back to single screen repeat paste and enter

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for this information. We are glad you were able to get a resolution. This experience has also been escalated for future improvements.

@1brunoj

Great, as last year's version was the 1st time it became an issue. 

Thanks

db6953

I've spent hours on the phone and trying everything they said to try to make the activation screen work, I wish I could call back the guy in India and tell him!!  Why can't they update their software so it will work without changing the resolution, what a terrible company!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@db6953

Thank you for sharing this experience.  Here are some additional troubleshooting steps for your matter in regards to blank screens.  If this does not work, please reach back out here and we can let you know of the next steps.  

cbonica

You should try as directed in another response to reduce your screen resolution to lowest supported in my case 800 x 600 then the dialogue box allowed me to fully see it.  I was able to enter the license key provided and the product registered online normally.

You should try as directed in another response to reduce your screen resolution to lowest supported in my case 800 x 600 then the dialogue box allowed me to fully see it.  I was able to enter the license key provided and the product registered online normally.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies