turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

202 TurboTax Business software does not update

TurboTax just emailed me that a 2020 form (specifically Form 8960) is now ready for me to Complete an Estate tax return on TurboTax Business which I previously purchased and downloaded (Windows version)

I have tried the on-line "Check Updates" and it states my software is up-to-date.

I have tried reinstalling the 2020 TurboTax Business software to no avail. 

I could not find manual update instructions for 2020 TurboTax Business (unlike 2019 and prior years).

Looking for some help on how to fix this situation and get the current form downloaded.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

18 Replies
DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

The following Help Article provides instructions to manually update your TurboTax for Windows software:  Manually Update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

OP was asking for the manual update patch for TT Business version.  The supplied link is for the Personal Versions.

That is correct.  I could not find a TTBusiness patch for 2020

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

The following Help Article provides instructions to manually update your TurboTax Business software:

Manually Update TurboTax Business Software

This link is for the 2019 version.

http://patchdelivery.turbotax.intuit.com/w_bizrelsuperpatch_ttax_2019.370.0100.exe

To be more clear,  The article referenced by Tiffany contained a link to the patch for the 2019 version.  OP any myself are looking for the patch for the 2020 version.

Correct - the 2019 patch does not work for 2020.  I cannot find the patch for 2020. 

Sorry doesn't look like they have put out the 2020 update patch for Business yet.  That's the only link.  It will be updated when they add it.  You have to wait or keep trying through the program.  

Really, the lack of the superpatch is not the problem.  TT Business 2020 is indicating that forms are missing, but both the forms are indicated as available on the website and also in the requested update email indicating forms are available.

This is very similar to the 2019 update loop problem indicated by https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/missing-forms-loop/00/1211921

It was my hope that the superpatch would overcome this conflict within the program.  I doubt waiting is going to fix it.  FYI, I have done an uninstall and reinstall to no avail.

Additional troubleshooting information:

Did a fresh install of TT Business 2020 on different computer.  Install went as expected and activated and updated as expected.  Opening the original tax file resulted in the same condition.  Forms 8949 and 8960 need to be updated, but update requests do not add these forms despite several previous notifications that forms are available.

Thinking that something may be amiss in tax file, Started a new tax file, adding a single capital gains transaction.  This also exhibited the same problem, form 8948 and 8960 not available.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

We take your concern very seriously and wish to help address this. This issue has been escalated to our Research and Development and they are working on a solution. 

Please click the link to contact TurboTax customer support.

Turbotax sent me message yesterday that these forms are ready but Turbotax won't update.

• Form 1065 Schedule K-1, Partner's Share of Income, Deductions, Credits, etc.
  • Form 1065 p1-3
  • Form 1065 p4-5

Looks to be resolved in the 2/11/21 update.  Thanks to whoever added this to the update package.

jfey
Level 2

I had the same problem and TTax Support couldn't put their finger on it. So, I went to the IRS website and verified that certain finalized forms had simply not been released yet. My program knew that  some of the forms were not finalized, but the TTax update routine apparently had a bug in it, and kept saying everything was current and there was nothing to download. The IRS finally released the updated forms, TTax business now updates properly, and I just completed and successfully  e-filed a 1041 return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies