Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kidnlcm

Purchased Quickbooks Self-Employed + TurboTax Bundle but still being charged to file, why?

I Purchased Quickbooks Self-Employed + TurboTax Bundle in 2018 which includes 1 Federal & 1 State tax filing... I sent my QB data to TurboTax and did the filing process... at check out its asking for 200+$ to file. I spent over an hour with TurboTax “expert” support looking into it and then he said they will look into it and get back to me within 24 hours as well as send me an email with a ticket number for reference and a survey for his performance. I received no answer, no email, nothing, as far as I can find on the account there is no record of the ticket at all. Customer support being full of liars and excuses is no surprise here, however my issues remains, why am I being charged and how do I fix it? 

If you download the quickbooks self employed app from the market and sign up to use it it still offers the same thing I purchased, how do I apply it to the actual filing? 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

25 Replies

Purchased Quickbooks Self-Employed + TurboTax Bundle but still being charged to file, why?

[never mind]

The QBSE / Turbotax Self-Employed bundle does not include Turbotax Live.  Your icon shows you upgraded to the Live CPA help version.  Is that correct?
kidnlcm

I never upgraded to anything. Once you transfer the data from qbse it tells you to go to another site and continue to file. This other site I sign in with the same email and password as qbse, the transferred data is there and I follow the filing steps. Then it recommends which bundle for you to use and there are only paying options, it has no option there or at the end for the qbse included filing.

Somehow you must have upgraded to the LIVE version.  Try to remove Live.  The second section here says how to remove it without starting over.
<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/4140092-how-do-i-remove-turbotax-live">https://ttlc.intuit.com/que...>
kidnlcm

Thanks, I tried to remove it but 5ise options just don’t appear on the screen as the direction say they are there. That aside I cleared everything and tried the whole thing again it’s not live now, but it still says the self employed filing is 89.99$
GinaG
Intuit Alumni

@kidnlcm I apologize for the delay in response.  I am currently looking into the subscription information.
kidnlcm

I cleared everything and started from the beginning. It worked that way. A service code would’ve been nice to receive when I called support and spent all that time listening to the poor guy blow his nose while he was waiting on someone else, somewhere else... Thanks for looking into it.

Are you ok now?  Sounds like you got it figured out.

Currently having the same issue. I signed up through the app so I'm billed monthly for the Self-Employed Tax Bundle through Google Play. Wonder if that's where the bug is.

Same problem here in 2022.  When my taxes were complete, TurboTax was going to charge me for filing both federal and state returns, even though I have the QuickBooks Self-Employed tax bundle. After spending about 2 hours in chat and one phone with TurboTax, they had me call QuickBooks. I spent over an hour on the phone with them and couldn't figure out how to fix it, then had me Chat with TT support while on the phone w/QuickBooks. TT told me I needed to clear and start over. Quickbooks person re-set my data and walked me through importing to TurboTax. At the start of doing my taxes - AGAIN - the fees showed as $0. After re-entering all my info, after the final review TT said I owed $199 fed + $54 state!!  I have used TT many years, but this is probably my last. I see an option to enter a "Service Code" by the fees; not sure why no one can just give me a code to bypass the duplicate fee. 

If you have 199 for the Self Employed version that is the price for the Live expert help feature.  Not the plain version.   Don't know if you should just be charged the 80 difference or the whole price for LIVE.  

You might want to try again.  How to remove Turbo Tax Live.  There are 2 different ways to remove Live depending on how you added it

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/downgrading/help/how-do-i-remove-turbotax-live/00/27312

Follow Up: After a few hours on the phone and many emails I've finally got refunded the issue months later. First went through TurboTax support which never did find a resolution. After about a month of that I went a different path to QuickBooks support. The representative knew exactly what the issue was (evidently this is a major issue) and was able to point me where I needed. After that it took a few weeks more for the refund to be actually issued.

Please fix this y'all. 

VolvoGirl, Thanks, but there was no option to remove or change my TT products; the support people tried to guide me to do that but they were stumped because the usual options weren’t there. The last TT support person told me I had to clear and start over. When I did that Live went away and everything looked good — until I finished entering all my info — and the $199 TT Self Employed fed (and state filing fee) were STILL there!  

Good news though, when re-doing my taxes didn’t fix the double charge, I requested another call back and was going to ask that my issue be sent to a higher level TT support person.  But this time I got an experienced person and she quickly and easily resolved the issue by giving me a service code that removed the charge. (I actually was the one that suggested it though, after seeing a link to enter a service code on the payment options page.)

@mackenly  @dgamm 

Hi, I'm running into the same issue you both described. I spent an hour on the phone with TT last night and they told me I need to speak with QB. QB is unavailable all weekend. Any tips on getting this resolved? Is it just a matter of lucking out with a representative? This year I have federal and three states to file in, so I'm looking at about $300 in filing costs when I pay $27/mo for the Tax Bundle so that my filing is covered (at least federal and one state). Any help would be greatly appreciated!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies