Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Purchased Quickbooks Self-Employed + TurboTax Bundle but still being charged to file, why?

I feel your pain!  Don’t bother calling QB; after being on the phone for over an hour, she wasn’t able to help me. I’d get a callback from TT and tell them about my experience. Tell them to give you a service code to remove the duplicate charge. If they won’t do it, or don’t know how, I’d ask to speak to a supervisor. And don’t listen to anyone that tells you to clear all your entries and start over! A complete waste of time.  Good luck. ( I’d like to hear if it worked for you if you think of it.)

KN10
Level 1

Purchased Quickbooks Self-Employed + TurboTax Bundle but still being charged to file, why?

I just had the same issue, and after spending an unhelpful 30 minutes with TT, and was told to call QB, I opened up the "discounts" dropdown and noticed a tab that started with "QB".  I clicked on that to apply it, and it worked.  Removed the $168 that TT was trying to charge me.   Hope this helps 

I’m guessing you were using the software version?  I didn’t see a discounts drop down menu on my web version (and I’m pretty sure I checked all my options.). Sounds like an easy fix if that option exists in the version you’re using though!  

This worked! A representative did tell me to start over and I refused. I asked to speak to a TT supervisor and they gave me a service code. Thank you so much for the help!

Also, mine definitely did not have a discounts dropdown. I am using the online version.

valinsardi

That’s great to hear. Thx for reporting back; I’m glad the hours I spent on this could be helpful to others.

FYI, I reported my entire experience to TT when they asked for feedback after I finished filing my taxes. Too bad they don’t pass the info on to their customer service people when there’s a recurring issue like this, causing their customers frustration and way too much time with customer support. 

FinleyCS

Called Intuit Customer Service. Explained that (a) I purchase TurboTax Self-Employed via the QuickBooks bundle, (b) that there is a known issue that TurboTax is asking for me to pay for TT Self-Employed, and (c) that I need a code to bypass the fee. 

A lovely person helped me, emailed me the code, and my taxes are submitted! 

any idea what that service code is??? i need support and file tonight... this is ridiculous. thanks for the insight 

Dale Patrick
Returning Member

Welcome to TurboTax.

yeah... can't believe this issue is still present. Mentally preparing for the hours of calls needed to get a refund. 

SO - here's a potential fix - unsure yet. But, I forgot to enter my PIN, so i got an extra 5 days to re-file. Once i entered my PIN, it shows that the state and federal taxes are 0.00 and it shows 247$ in savings... now i'm not sure if that is because I selected 'pay with refund' previously or because the PIN somehow verified my status or something.

Called TT and was sent to an office where I was just listening to people gossip in other languages. No one answered the phone or responded lol. This company is really a front. 

Theres actually alot to unload in this paragraph

1. Pay with my refund is done by Santa Barbara (a 3rd party bank) and the bundle is through QB so those are unrelated

2. When you say you forgot to enter your PIN...are you meaning your 5 digit self select pin or the IRS IP PIN?  but again completely unrelated..

3. What do you mean you got sent to an office where you listened to people gossip in other languages? 

When you call in to TT, you have to go through an automated bot but after getting through that, you'd be sent to a TT Product Support Agent. I wonder if you called a scam?

Also, if no one answered or responded how did you get sent to this 'office'? 

As for the overall issue of being charged, sounds like a QB issue due to it being QB that has set up and offered the bundle. Its as if the link between TT and QB is broken, so TT doesn't know you are a QB Self Employed Bundle user. 

Clearing and starting over usually is great for taking off LIVE but after answering all of the questions its going to bump you to the Self Employed product regardless. 

If I may offer some advice, DO NOT PAY for the product and assume you will get refunded. Always Always Always call support before payment. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies