Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I need to talk to a turbo tax representative

I am getting an adjusted refund and I don’t understand why.  The IRS statement is hard to discern. 

DawnC
Expert Alumni

What statement are you looking at and what does it say?   If the IRS adjusts your refund, they will mail an explanation of the adjustment.    If you see that the IRS sent a notice claiming they made a change to your refund check amount, there’s no need to be alarmed.   Every year, the IRS issues thousands of adjusted refund letters to taxpayers across the country. An IRS-adjusted refund letter doesn’t mean you did anything wrong.   Instead, it’s a simple notice letting you know a change has been made to your refund.     @KmtDasani433

Automated adjustments notices can be divided into three categories:

• You’re getting less money than you expected.
  • You’re getting more money than you expected.
  • You owe money you didn’t expect.   

Handling Notices from the IRS

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@KmtDasani433  

A common adjustment is if you claimed the Recovery rebate credit on 1040 line 30 when you already got the Stimulus payment or got the second one after you filed or reported the wrong amounts.  Do you have an amount on line 30?

Returning Member

I am trying to send efile for taxes but it wants more money why. I purchased this on line thru amazon. I will not pay more money.

@ 68942 We cannot tell from your post what software you are using.   There are a couple of possibilities for why it is asking for more money:

E-filing fee in desktop software

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose.  And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state.  You can avoid the state e-file fee if you print and mail the state instead of e-filing it.

Or---another thing users become confused about sometimes:

If you are using online, you are using the wrong program.  You need to switch to the desktop software to get what you paid for.  You have to download it, update it and open it up from your own hard drive to use it.  

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/choosing-a-product/help/how-do-i-switch-from-turbotax-online-to-th...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have been trying to get the turbo tax deluxe loaded for hours - I get now that I have already loaded it into an account that I can't determine. Is there a way that I can start all over again and get it right??? I had an account when I started before but using it it also says that I already have it  loaded.  Need to get back to the beginning???

I have been trying to  get in for hours to the deluxe program that I bought.  Had an account and signed in to it and thought  i could down load with license code but would not let me or sent me somewhere else.  Now when I try and download the program it tells me that it has already been downloaded but I have no idea how to get it downloaded so I can use  it.  Please help or tell me how to start again on the basics???? or make like I am loading it for the second time??  Thanks

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

@mexxxxed Please click here for steps to contact customer care. 

lizpor

2020 federal return was rejected and file was not saved to update it

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@lizpor Which version of Turbo Tax did you use you file, Desktop or Online?

Filed retail copy from COSTCO

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Please contact support via phone for assistance with this issue; contact details can be found here @mexxxxed.

8810Moon5

My 2020 turbo tax will not process without a amount listed for State Refund from previous year.  What do I do?

AmyC
Expert Alumni

@8810Moon5 If you itemized on last year's return, a state refund may be taxable this year. You should have received a 1099-G for any state refund received last year. Enter the amount of any state refund received. You may need to check your bank records if you did not receive a 1099-G.

If you did not receive a refund, enter zero.

If you paid, then additional taxes paid should be entered in the program.

Go to federal > deductions and credits > estimates and other taxes paid > other income taxes > balance due on your 2019 state taxes paid in 2020

I got an letter from the IRS saying i owe them money and I’m suppose to be getting money back something was put in wrong and I need your help to correct it it had to do with the  1040SR.

please answer me back so I don’t end up paying them money I don’t owe them or have ..

jana Riportella

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies