Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I have an extra $40 fee showing on my SBTPG account that is not shown in my TurboTax order review. Why am I being charged an additional fee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

39 Replies

I have an extra $40 fee showing on my SBTPG account that is not shown in my TurboTax order review. Why am I being charged an additional fee?

The $40 fee is the service charge from SBTPG for processing the federal tax refund to deduct the TurboTax account fees and then direst depositing the remaining refund into the account you specified on your tax return.

This charge was shown when you selected to pay the TurboTax account fees with your federal tax refund.

Pay with Refund Fee.JPG

If there is an additional charge of $40 from SBTPG that is Not for the refund processing service fee then you need to contact SPTPG.

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

This is in addition to the refund transfer fee. Why should I have to contact SBTPG? I didn't pay for their services, I paid for TurboTax services? So now I'm supposed to track down their number, fight to talk to a human, just to be told to contact TurboTax? 

This is addition to the refund transfer fee. There is a federal refund transfer fee AND a 1st refund transfer fee? 

@emmagination1026 wrote:

This is addition to the refund transfer fee. There is a federal refund transfer fee AND a 1st refund transfer fee? 

You did pay for the SBTPG services when you requested to have the TurboTax account fees paid from the federal tax refund.

You need to contact SBTPG and find out why you are being charged by Them for this additional fee.

So what is the grand total?   Federal and state are separate fees, 39.99 each.  So in Deluxe it could look like you are paying the 39.99 twice or 3x with the transfer processing charge.   

It shows the $39.99 federal filing fee, $39.99 state filing fee, $39 federal refund transfer fee AND a $40 1st refund transfer fee. So 4 charges of roughly $40 each and there should only be 3.

Screenshot_20220215-151552_Chrome.jpg

This is what she is talking about your not listening …. We paid 39$ fee to have it transferred to our bank accounts already that 39$ TT should be using to pay the bank that is also charging $40 +$39= $79 to transfer our money to our accounts !!! No where on SBTPG OR TURBO TAX contract does it say one thing about a $40 1st time transfer fee when I’ve been with TT since 2016 even have a screenshot of last years fee from sbtpg

7D21A715-C91C-4F69-8847-17810BCC8B84.png

1st REFUND?? It’s my 5th TRY AGAIN!

Finally someone understands!!! I did receive an email today regarding the issue and they refunded me the $39.

ryh
Level 1

I'm currently viewing the additional $40 "1st Refund Transfer Fee" on my SBTPG statement even though my receipt states that there is only one $39 refund processing service fee.

Would you be able to tell me who contacted you? Did you receive support through TurboTax or through SBTPG? 

Thanks! 

image.png

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

We’re aware of an issue related to your Refund Processing that may have caused you to see a smaller-than-expected refund.
We’re in the process of reimbursing all who were affected. Within the next 24-48 hours, those affected will receive a credit. If you were affected, look for a deposit (in the bank account associated with your return) labeled, "Remaining Federal Refund Due".  If you don't see that deposit in a few business days, please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support. 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

@ryh

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
echo6921

I have spent all day calling and no resolution regarding i have ddd on 2/24 and have this fee as well as you all stated in numerous calls that there is ways of waiving the processing fees as well such as using credit karma well here i am w proof i have 3 diffrent amount of fees , numerous calls and 0 resolvement.  please advise what to do because its no ok for this extra 40 charge when ive always done my taxes with you just this year nothing migrated and it was horrible. i was also told we didnt qualify for the 5 days early via credit karma due to paying with refund. please assist me because i have all the fees and not what i was told and i have proof of the only amount which was the program i was supposed to be charged prior to finding out about the extra 40 not authorized amount i do not wish to hope and pray when i cant even get any assistance or call backs

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you choose the Refund Transfer, we are aware of an issue that caused some customers who used our Refund Transfer service to see a smaller refund than expected. We know how important your refund is and apologize. We are working quickly to resolve this and ensure you receive your full refund. You'll receive communication from us shortly letting you know when you can expect the rest of your refund.

@echo6921

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies