turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to install download to another computer

I downloaded a copy of 2020 Premier CD/Download Turbotax on to my computer.  When my friend tried to download a copy into her computer, she got the message that other person has already download it; go to that person's account and look for download.  I see my download in the computer but I don't know how to get my download to her computer.  Any one has that problem and know how to solve it, please help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

21 Replies
TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

The process of installing TurboTax on multiple computers is the same as installing it on one computer. For more information about how to install, consult these frequently asked questions about installing the TurboTax CD/download edition (click here: link).

If you want to install TurboTax on a computer that doesn’t have a CD drive, follow these instructions (click here: link).

Please click How do I install the same copy of TurboTax on multiple computers? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I already installed Turbo Tax on one computer but when I try to download to my other computer is does not recognize my info.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Customer service is better able to assist you in troubleshooting your download issues.

Please follow the instructions below to contact customer service.

What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

The link takes me to a download page for a Canadian version of TT.  I cannot find a similar page for the US version.

This really shouldn't be that hard.  Every time I try to install, I get the error that it's already been downloaded.  I'm aware of that.  I'm supposed to be able to download it five times.  Why isn't it letting me download it on this computer????

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Please reach out to TurboTax Customer Support for one-on-one support with this issue. Please visit the Contact Us page to select your product and provide a specific question you need assistance with to get you to the right person.

@MichelleLO I'm trying to find a link to contact someone who can help me, but after an hour searching the Intuit website and customer support hanging up on me, I'm still looking.

I installed TurboTax 2020 Premier to another computer. I'm unable to download a second TurboTax state product that I bought for 2020. I can find the order in my account with the Order Lookup (order number + zip code), but it doesn't appear in the list of  downloads. How can I download this product? I can't continue my tax return without it. Thanks!

You have to get back on the phone with turbotax and they will issue you a new code.  Once you use the CD, you lose access to the digital codes to install elsewhere.  It's some weird glitch.  You could also try loading to the second computer with the CD.  But the only thing we could do was to get a new code emailed that I was then able to use.

I am having the exact same issue!  Have you had any success getting this resolved?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

If you paid for the CD/Download, it will be saved in your account. You can access your download from any computer.

Use this link to log in and access Download & Unlocks.

My Downloads

@mafewbb

Kusbel

downloaded a copy of 2020 Premier CD/Download Turbotax on to my computer.  When my friend tried to download a copy into her computer, she got the message that other person has already download it; go to that person's account and look for download.  I see my download in the computer but I don't know how to get my download to her computer.  Any one has that problem and know how to solve it, please help.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

See this link here for assistance with downloading your TurboTax software. Use this link here to contact Customer Support if you need further assistance. 

@Kusbel

Here is the exact issue I am having.  I purchased the 2021 CD and used the disc to download Turbo Tax onto my computer.  My other computer does not have a CD drive, so when I try and download TurboTax to this second computer using the license code that came with the CD, I am getting the following message "This license code has already been associated with an account. Please check that account and look for it in Download".   However, since I downloaded the program via CD on my first computer, I do not have the 2021 download available under my downloads on my account.  I have tried everything, nothing will work.   I have called customer support but have not able to speak with anyone as the hold times are very long.  Please advise how to fix this.  Thanks

If you installed from the CD it seems you can not download it from online now.  You can't do both CD and download.   See the new info on this FAQ

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/installing/help/i-bought-the-cd-but-my-computer-doesn-t-have-a-cd-...

It says...

You can download your software directly from TurboTax. But, keep in mind, you can't use both the CD and the download — you must use one or the other.

And....if the CD has already been registered and installed on another device, you will not be able to switch to the download product or you may receive an error message that says, "This product is already associated with another account."

So you need to call in to get the download pushed to your account.

reenek

I purchased turbo tax from best buy in feb. It was digital version. I  downloaed it to one computer. I need to download to another laptop.

When i go to bestbuy account it says download  but it doesnt let me do anything. Is it because I waited to long to download second copy 

Thank you

Maureen Kirkby

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies