Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How do I send an email to turbotax?

hi Lydia,

is your message addressed to me? sending me the disk? your message is a bit confusing. can you explain please if your message is about me , thanks.

@moss11 wrote:

hi Lydia,

is your message addressed to me? sending me the disk? your message is a bit confusing. can you explain please if your message is about me , thanks.

I'm obviously not Lydia.

No, Lydia's message is not to or about you.  There are many users with different issues in this long cluttered thread so it can be confusing.    Lydia is a fellow user.  When Lydia said "you" in her comment she was referring to TurboTax Support.  She had mailed a CD to Support, I presume for a refund.   She is not mailing you a disk.

I don't fully understand your situation in regard to a 2019 return.  Are you needing to finish a 2019 return that was started online and never filed?  If so, you do NOT have to pay again.   If you already paid for a 2019 product previously (you said you already paid $50), then TurboTax Support should furnish you a complimentary download of the 2019 software so you can finish.  Once you have the 2019 software you can download the *.tax2019 data file from your Online account to open and finish without starting over (we can tell you how.)

The 2019 return cannot be efiled.  It has to be printed, signed, dated, and mailed.  It's a good idea to mail by a method that has tracking, such as certified mail, priority mail, etc.   Mail the 2019 Federal return to the IRS and any state return to the state tax agency.

To ask for the 2019 desktop software as a download, here's how to speak to the folks at TurboTax Customer Support.

Hours are 5AM-9PM Pacific (8AM-12 Midnight Eastern) 7 days/week.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

While you have them on the phone, they may be able to help you with any other issues you have.

@Lydia Hawkins  wrote:

I am trying to file my 2020 taxes using Turbo Tax Support.  Previous years I purchased the disk from Office Depot.  This time I purchased the wrong one and they would not accept it back for a refund, therefore I Mailed it to you TURBO TAX through U.S. Mail, hoping to be able to do my taxes on line with the Turbo Tax that's already in the compute.   PLEASE, I NEED HELP.

So you requested a product refund, and mailed the CD back to TurboTax?   Please phone TurboTax Customer Support for assistance in regard to the returned CD (see contact info below.)   

"I am trying to file my 2020 taxes using Turbo Tax Support."

It's not clear what "file using Support" means.   Do you mean you are using one of the Live TurboTax products which has access to a tax expert CPA/EA during return preparation and a review of the return prior to filing?

"hoping to be able to do my taxes online with the Turbo Tax that's already in the computer."

I'm not exactly sure how to interpret that sentence in regard to "already in the computer."    Did you already start a 2020 Online return, and want to continue using the Online version?   If so, you'll need to discuss with TurboTax Support the CD that you mailed back.  Otherwise, Online TurboTax will try to charge you.

Or does "already in the computer" mean this?

While you had the CD did you start a 2020 return in the desktop software and now want to move that 2020 data file to Online TurboTax?  That cannot be done.  You cannot upload a current 2020 return from desktop software into Online TurboTax.

In any case, nothing account-specific can be handled in this user community forum.  Here's how to reach Customer Support:

You can use this contact form to get a phone number.

Thanks for explaining about 'how to' re my missed 2019 tax return for which I blame partly TT and partly the pandemic. This community forum did not get answers to my tax problems at all in the middle of the pandemic in 2020 as it does now nor did the TT the website help section which caused me to miss my 2019 return. It looks like critics in this forum got TT attention well seeing the difference between now and then in giving fast and helpful answers . 

Yes I needed to finish my 2019 return back in 2020 I never filed , but I could not because of the reasons I said above and I still need to but it will not be the same.

I appreciate if you explain a bit more in details about the complimentary download of the 2019 software and how to proceed with all that online.

As I have said before on this forum the big problem for not finishing and not filing 2019 tax return was the TT website did not let me take my real expenses forcing me the standard deductions and blocking me from going forward finishing the return. So I need to take real expenses . So can this complimentary software help in this regard and how to do it please thanks ?

Also when is the deadline for 2019 tax return with IRS and CA state. Thanks again

@moss11 wrote:

Thanks for explaining about 'how to' re my missed 2019 tax return for which I blame partly TT and partly the pandemic. This community forum did not get answers to my tax problems at all in the middle of the pandemic in 2020 as it does now nor did the TT the website help section which caused me to miss my 2019 return. It looks like critics in this forum got TT attention well seeing the difference between now and then in giving fast and helpful answers . 

Yes I needed to finish my 2019 return back in 2020 I never filed , but I could not because of the reasons I said above and I still need to but it will not be the same.

I appreciate if you explain a bit more in details about the complimentary download of the 2019 software and how to proceed with all that online.

As I have said before on this forum the big problem for not finishing and not filing 2019 tax return was the TT website did not let me take my real expenses forcing me the standard deductions and blocking me from going forward finishing the return. So I need to take real expenses . So can this complimentary software help in this regard and how to do it please thanks ?

Also when is the deadline for 2019 tax return with IRS and CA state. Thanks again

I'm a fellow user, not a tax expert.  And I don't work for TurboTax.  

You should talk by phone with TurboTax Support about your issues.  You'll need to talk to them anyway to get the 2019 software.    If you need to prepare a 2019 return and already paid for 2019 product, they should furnish you the 2019 download.  They can also help you with other questions you have at the same time.

You asked about deadlines for the 2019 returns.   The 2019 returns are already late.   The original filing deadline for a 2019 return was July 15, 2020 (it was postponed from the usual April date due to the Pandemic).  If a formal extension request was filed, the extended deadline was October 15, 2020.  However, there is no penalty for a late 2019 Federal return if you are expecting a refund.   If you owe taxes due, however, then expect some penalties and interest (a failure-to-file penalty and a failure-to-pay penalty).

As for California, states can sometimes have different rules.  I don't know anything about California, but if you owe California state taxes, you'll likely have to pay state penalties and interest to California.

If you are due a Federal refund, you have 3 years from your original due date (or extended due date) to file and claim the refund, but it's better to go ahead and get it done.  If you owe tax due, then you should file and pay the tax due as soon as possible since tax penalties and interest will continue to accrue. 

When you get the 2019 desktop software and install it, you can either start your 2019 return over from scratch, or you can download the *.tax2019 data file you started online and open it in the installed 2019 software to continue working on it without starting over.   Here's how to get the 2019 data file:

Log in to your Online account, and at the Tax Home scroll down to the section "Your Tax Returns & Documents".  Expand that section and choose tax year 2019.  Then look for a link to download the 2019 tax data file.

To ask for the 2019 desktop software as a download, here's how to speak to the folks at TurboTax Customer Support.

You can use this contact form to get a phone number, or it may schedule a callback.

Good morning,

IRS, TurboTax and a bunch of media and press advising tax payers for months to do 2020 tax returns online thru e-filing to get refunds fast and in 21 days the latest . This is what I did, but today it is more than 26 days that I am waiting in vain with no refund . On IRS " get my refund tool"  all I see each time I check for the past 22 days is " your refund is still being processed" with no explanation or reason for no refund yet?!  So I, like many tax payers , am wondering what is going on and what is the advantage of e-filing if it is not as it is publicized to get refunded fast and in 21 days the latest , regardless of the cost of it which is not cheap neither.

If we as tax payers are late to pay our taxes or don't file on time we will face penalties , interests ....etc but if it is IRS that does not even explain why it is not refunding what it owes to its customers can be very frustrating and stressful specially in these hard times . I know that IRS is facing challenges exceptionally these days because of outdated system ,pandemic and stimuluses.......etc but the least is to inform tax payers as to why it is not refunding our money badly needed in order to reduce a bit of frustration.

I think Turbotax should intervene between IRS and tax payers in these situations to at least inform its customers of the reason(s) of non refund by IRS in due time in order to lessen the frustration and make the case more clear as to what is going on , something that tax payers are unable to do unfortunately. Thanks

@moss11 wrote:

I think Turbotax should intervene between IRS and tax payers in these situations to at least inform its customers of the reason(s) of non refund by IRS in due time in order to lessen the frustration and make the case more clear as to what is going on , something that tax payers are unable to do unfortunately. Thanks

Neither TurboTax or anyone else can intervene for you.   This has been all over the news.

See:  https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/where-is-my-damn-irs-tax-refund-new-answers-emerge-a...

Also:

The IRS is running behind due to COVID, CARES Act, stimulus and a huge amount of early tax returns being filed this year.

See this IRS newsroom release: https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

They are so delayed that they postponed the filing date from April 15 to May 17.

21 days is not a magic number - it is just a goal.

TurboTax only gives the general IRS (most returns are processed within 21 days) date. The actual date is known only by the IRS. TurboTax also does not adjust the general date for anything on the tax return. TurboTax receives no feedback from the IRS after filing.

The IRS says most refunds will be issued within 21 days - some faster, some longer.
(Most means more than half so many take longer - MUCH longer)

Each tax return is evaluated on it's own merits. There is no first-in-first-out. Two similar tax return submitted at the same time can have totally different processing times based on IRS criteria for examining tax returns that the IRS does not divulge.

Some returns will be held for ID verification or other verification. The IRS will send a letter if they require more information to process your tax return.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/refund-timing

Check your refund stratus here:
https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Check your state refund here:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

Thanks m'accuser _22 for the informations and quick answer. You know, if I don't ask I never know . I appreciate it . God bless you.

Sthies

I havent recieved my refrund

I have not received my federal refund yet

I have file my federal and state refund I got my state refund back but have not received my federal I had filed the 15th of March

@Bradley cleveland

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/personalfinance/where-is-my-damn-irs-tax-refund-new-answers-emerge-a...

TurboTax gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer.  “21 days”  is not a promise from TurboTax or the IRS.   Many refunds are taking longer during the pandemic.  The IRS is backlogged —-they are still trying to process millions of 2019 returns; they received millions of e-filed on the day they opened for 2020 returns, and now they are burdened with sending out another round of stimulus checks.   

Some delays are resulting from incorrect amounts that folks entered for stimulus checks they received.   Many people have been confused by the recovery rebate credit and completed it incorrectly.  The IRS may delay your refund while they cross-check to see what you received.  Some refunds are delayed because of the tax law changes that went into effect recently.   If your return has unemployment or the premium tax credit on it, that may be delaying it.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 34of your 2020 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901548-why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, that will take some extra time, while the third party bank handles the refund processing.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2724106-my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is-there-a-pr...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I did not receive 2020 tax refund in 21 days despite E-filing, but about 50 days later i received information request from Fresno ( California ) IRS regarding unmatched amounts on 8962 - c section ( MAP of PTC ) of my 2020 tax return with c section of 1095-A received by IRS . 

In California and in Jan, Feb, March 2021 the pandemic pick was the worst with public services like USPS, EDD, IRS, KAISER, CoveredCA,.... even Turbotax were either not working properly or working with disorganization because of pandemic panic as a possible cause that I did not receive my copy of 2020 1095-A, but i luckily received my 2020 California 3895 with 0 amounts on c section ( MAP of premium assistance subsidy ) which i used to file my 2020 tax return given its exactitude and my 2020 health insurance plan as follows:

I am 69 years old with some underlying health conditions and shockingly i have not had healthcare coverage since 2014 { when i moved from France ( with easy and free healthcare ) to US and started working } because of either low income or an employer like Uber . And more shockingly i had to pay around $700 penalties each year for not affording to have healthcare insurance at my age . 

Tired of penalties and just to avoid them, in Feb 2020 i signed up through CoveredCA and Kaiser for a plan with $1 monthly premium and zero coverage and 100% out of pocket payment hoping that with God blessing i would not fall seriously ill . In March 2020 the pandemic hit, life stopped and shelter in place ordered and since i am still sheltered in my room living on UI benefits given my age and the virus still around and with no serious health problem and even without having to call a doctor for whatsoever and happy that the 2021 government stimulus and rescue plan provides an opportunity for me to get reimbursed for all the penalties i had to pay for not affording to have health insurance . Thanks God.

Now with all that said and never used my premium tax credit in 2020, i am very curious of how 1095-A can show amounts as APTC used in 2020 while my California 3895 show zero subsidy used. Given general pandemic panic causing mess and dysfunction in so many places and services nation wide and in some cases fraud, i am wondering if it is kaiser or/and CoveredCA the source of just taking my monthly APTC and reporting it on 1095-A received by IRS ?

It looks like many taxpayers in California have similar problems of unmatched amounts on 1095-A vs California 3895 causing refund delays unfairly to needy tax payers because of other wrong sources of information and wondering if Turbotax has learned any clear answer to this general tax payers' stressful situation in California. Thanks and God bless you>

thehucs

my registration number is not working, Why?????

BrandiLO1
Intuit Alumni

Would you mind providing the specific error you are receiving when attempting to enter your product key? @thehucs

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies